• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Opening stuck seat on R100RT?

basketcase

What's that noise...?
I have a good friend who rides an R100RT ('90 model) and he recently installed a Corbin saddle.

He bolted everything up, dropped the seat, and it went "click."

Now it will not open. My gut says the locking rod depth is wrong now that it is mounted on the new seat pan.

Soo ... how can we get this thing open without tearing up a brand new Corbin saddle?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Try this: Press DOWN (hard) on the top of the seat while activating the seat release button. Your rig might be different, but this works for me.

Also, make sure the seat is unlocked. You can drop the seat shut while the lock is locked if I remember correctly. Like the previous post I have to push down on the top of the seat and push the button to get my Corbin open.

had that happen too
so from the other side we pulled the clips that attach and lock the swing hinges, this allowed enough rocking back and forth of the seat while pushing down and on the button, to pull it up and off the lock
then greesed the crap out of th elock mechanism

Back