• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey...

Kolob Terrace road, Zion NP., Utah

139719357-M.jpg

Kolob Terrace road, Zion NP. Utah

East of here is still bitter cold, I was so wrong assuming that things will arm up at higher elevations! I guess I have lived in Florida too long...
But west of here, off the town of Virgin, is Kolob Terrace road which is less crowded entrance to also Zion Park. Love the setting, the riding... but not the road blocked by the snow a bit further up...
Cooked up a poor manÔÇÖs pasta dish also with what I had left in the small pantry... tasty!...
It is on the Blog... in living colors!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

April Fool?... not really, I wish!

140066254-M.jpg

April Fool?... not really! I wish...

April FoolÔÇÖs day unfortunately did not fool me as I hear the snap of a broken eye bolt...
There we go... again! But... happened 10 feet away from camp... could have happened the day before when we went riding through Red Rock Canyon and Bryce Canyon up 9100 feet... without any steering it would have been quite a drop...
A couple more days... of course any day without riding is a tough one!... and we will be back on the road... in the meantime I wrote about the rides we just took... on the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Bryce Canyon itself... Utah.

140919903-L.gif

Bryce Canyon itself... Utah.

It turns out that I will be staying in Utah for about another month... how strange that when in Anza Borrego my thoughts where to head North, but slowly I went East... and now, looking at the map of Utah... with all its attractions and colors... why not wander a bit more here!
If the US Postal mail is on track my parts should be in this morning... and then it will be on to the welder for fixing a new crack in the mounts... luckily a secondary mount.
I am so mentally tired of all those breakages that I cannot even comment on them... All I want is a safe rig... the humor is hard to find... it does show however how society governs themselves, the ones in the business have been the hardest ones to deal with... I can just imagine how the Corporate World is being ran...
I do want to thank all the ones that have send me their support... they have made these pasts days easier and allow me to look into the future of this dilemma...
Bryce Canyon was awesome. Rough conditions... but definitely a place to go back to in a bit warmer weather. Spirit has been a real trooper... and right now, he is also anxious to get going...
Enjoy the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Michael and Sandra's Utah... my 100th Blog.

141502513-L.jpg

Michael and SandraÔÇÖs Utah... my 100th Blog.

Somehow it feels like I just have left yesterday, so much has happened and yet... so little! Moving on to some new sceneries withing the same State,Utah... one that intrigues me a lot as it is so full of richness, great roads and incredible geological formations that have taken millions of year... And I get to camp in the middle of it all... quite a treat! We are regrouping these coming days, listening to a local Adv Rider Michael, and his wife Sandra that have opened their house... and kitchen with wide open arms... Spirit has two new buddies... what more can one ask!
TodayÔÇÖs Blog...
Be well... Ara & Spirit

A great campsite, north of Snow Canyon, Utah.

142151035-M.jpg

A new campsite, north of Snow Canyon, Utah.

3 days... 4 days?... at Michael and Sandra, adding a few more pounds to this frail body... great company and time. 3 new tires, the rig seems really together and a new campsite, in the middle of some great BLM land.
I have a long list of areas to visit, it is so endless here in Utah that this will take many more visits to even scratch the surface. Good deal... I would hate to run out of places to visit these coming ten years!
Spirit is a bit sad today from losing his two buddies... he is starting to remind me of a sailor with a girl friend in every town...
Enjoy the Blog and the pictures... there will be much going on, specially with the days becoming much longer, finally it feels like winter is behind us.

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

My little Island of Paradise in Utah...

142575218-L.jpg

My little Island of Paradise

This inhabited stretch has become my little Island of Paradise these past few days and will be for a few more days to come... all is here and at the same time... nothing!
Lots of vermillion was used in this past sunset... wish you would have all been here to experience it...
The trout is a thing of the past... long gone now... you guessed it!... It was great... could taste its freshness with every bite.
BMW of Las Vegas gave me some hundred dollar chips... their true value?... great service.
The Blog will have itÔÇÖs story!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

A little ride in the neighborhood... Utah.

142797724-M.jpg

A little ride in the neighborhood, Utah.

I have the feeling that everyone wished to have a neighborhood like this one!... Right or left or north or south... great roads and scenery, hardly any traffic and there is a part of Utah that is not all red!
A great dinner (at least they thought so...) for my friends Michael and Sandra, some playing time for Spirit and his buddies... it is all good... all in the Blog.
In our conversations last night, we were wondering why get togethers are always where the crowd is!!! How about one right here...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

And all ends up well...

143523855-M.jpg

And all end up well...

School is never out just when we ÔÇ£mightÔÇØ think we are done... everyday new lessons are being provided, sometimes the teaching is kind, sometimes not.
What started as, finally thinking of having one, a bad day, end up being a great one... solving obstacles... followed by a great ride... and a great night sleep as Spirit seems to be getting back on track....
It is just part of everyday life on the road... we are not exempt from anything that you yourselves go through. The logistics are sometimes harder, but I would not trade this lifestyle with any other one... I know that some will agree after reading the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

A ride to Cedar Breaks and Kolob Canyons, Utah.

143865546-L.jpg

A ride to Cedar Breaks and Kolob Canyons, Utah.

So yes, I am a bit concerned about SpiritÔÇÖs condition, it tears me up that he is still sick. Wish it was me instead... so hard to see and feel my helpless buddy! Time for a Doctor...
We did do a ride yesterday, he was doing better then. As usual Utah provides some exciting sceneries and roads. Only wish the winds and the rains would stop soon... maybe tomorrow!
More details on todayÔÇÖs Blog...

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

Yes Ara, still reading, watching and following along. Keep your spirits up and give Spirit a big hug for us.

:lurk

I wish I could be you... Hope he feels better tomorrow...

tribute to spirit!!

Ara, found this poem by Bernard Shaw, thought you might like it;

Puppy Dog.

"I gazed into those deep brown eyes,

And was immediately mesmerised.

A two-month-old puppy just for me alone,

I knew that I must groom him and give him a home

As he grew I taught him some tricks,

I was the one that got the most kicks.

I would get him to lie down and die for the Queen,

That is a trick that most people have not seen.

Every day we went for long walks,

He listened carefully to all of my long-winded talks.

Sleeping by the side of my bed,

On his two front paws his wonderful head.

A wagging tail told me that he was at ease,

Just a wonderful dog that did me please.

Food was no problem he ate what I gave,

At the edge of my plate titbits I did save

When my meal was finished I placed them in his nap,

He gobbled them down as if to say there's a good chap.

We were together for many a long year.

To me he was someone very dear.

If you get the chance to look into a Puppy's eyes,

I just know that you are in for a surprise.

It might be that you too will have found a true friend,

Some one to help you your time to spend."
Bernard Shaw

GET WELL SPIRIT!!!
following your adventure daily....
Bob& Gwen

A healthier Spirit and a safer rig... +...

Very very nice!!!... Thanks...

144667835-M.jpg

A healthier Spirit and a safer rig, Utah... +...

Unfortunately my Website had been down at times these past two days due to power outages in Vermont... I apologize for that. Was a bit surprised they do not have a generator...
But it all just a matter of time... such as SpiritÔÇÖs health. He received some good care yesterday and as usual acted like a gentleman only stunned by a crying baby lamb!!!
The rig is much safer as you can see the work done on it... of the outmost quality!
A great visit to the Dinosaur Discovery Center... hard to go back in time a couple millions of years!
We are packing to head for California for a few days... with the hope that Spirit gets better by the day... if not, will track back.
The outpour of concerns for Spirit has moved me more than anything else on this Journey, and realizing that so many great people are out there makes me want to get out and... mingle!!!
Hope you enjoy todayÔÇÖs Blog...

Be well...

Ara and a healthier Spirit!

A road to Kernville, CA.

145525184-L.jpg

One road to Kernville, CA.

We are in Kernville, California, amongst many riders... friends from the past and making new ones.
Cold... very cold, not handling it very well when it drops to the low 20's...
Spirit is doing better everyday and probably wondering why ÔÇ£all those peopleÔÇØ want to pet him!!! He did find a few pairs of legs to rub his back against and I am always thankful to anyone that is nice to him...Geode, Glenn... well, cannot blame him for bailing out, weather, distance... schedule... needless to say... ÔÇ£WHIMPÔÇØ!!!
There will be more in a day or two... have to get back to camp now, my friend Jkam just showed up!... surprise...
You be well... enjoy...

*** The picture above does not reflect my sentiments toward Spirit... just a sick sense of humor...

Ara & Spirit

The road back to Utah...

146076256-M.jpg

The road back to Utah...

It was truly awesome to meet in person all the faces only labeled by a name for these past years...
And at the same time, to be honest about it, my tolerance for sleeping in the freezing temps seems... well has!... diminished...
As a couple of my new friends said... ÔÇ£it is age Ara!ÔÇÖ. I will not deny it...
The riders, sceneries, the roads, even the locals in Kernville made us feel so welcomed... we are on the way back to Utah to gather up the rest of my ÔÇ£stuffÔÇØ, just to turn around and head back to another circle... the California Circle which comprises Death Valley Natl Park, Giant Sequoia Natl Monument, Sequoia Natl Park and Kings Canyon Natl Park... Give us a couple days and we will get there!... eventually...
Till next time... you stay well.

Ara & Spirit

The Extraterrestrial Highway... NV.

146639902-L.jpg

The Extraterrestrial Highway, NV.

We are back from Kernville and we are leaving for Kernville... Long story!!!
It was a great, cold, and sometimes miserable ride back... but those bad moments are water under the bridge and all that remains are some great memories of the Extraterrestrial Highway...
Did it flip my thoughts because of its name?... or the serenity of its vast quietness?
Still thinking about it...
And some pictures of it on the Blog...

Enjoy and be well...

Ara & Spirit

Camping by the Kern River... and a great ride. CA.

147217243-M.jpg

Camping by the Kern River and a great ride... CA.

I guess last weekendÔÇÖs get together took its toll... as we are back... a bit more north by the river, National Forest primitive camping... peaceful... and quiet, for now! The weather?... Riding to Glennville was an open vent jacket deal... incredibly pleasant.
Sequoia is in the plans... will have to detour as the road from here is still closed... we are just settling in, as they say.
Much more on the Blog in colors...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

After six months on the road... CA.

147444637-L.jpg

After six months on the road... CA.

Just realized yesterday... the 27th... six months since we left Georgia! Such changes, and feeling as more to come as the Journey takes its own character and personality.
Nothing to celebrate about!... Just thoughts after thoughts crossing my mind...
I am not one that could just ride and eat and sleep... seems like, as I have all my life, to be dedicated somehow to a purpose accomplishing something positive...
Erasing the past path to create a new one and sharing it through my Blog has been a rewarding one... and with some hope will remain that way.
Thank you all for your support... hope I get to write someday...
ÔÇ£After 10 years on the road...ÔÇØ State and Country unknown for now!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

A "must" do loop... CA.

148099431-L.jpg

A ÔÇ£mustÔÇØdo loop... CA.

One of the most pleasant ride taken yesterday... could have been a frame of mind but I know that the terrain had a lot to do with it also. Constant change of scenery, friendly drivers waiving, great weather and nice breeze... Watched some kayakers having a blast and back to camp a bit early decided to do my own take on this ÔÇ£tri-tipÔÇØ revolution so popular here!!! You be the judge on the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Back