• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey...

The last Sunset, a true Gift... CA

We did... we have... we will come back...!!!

163028839-L.jpg

The last Sunset, a true Gift CA

We had to jump the gun as they say and leave this am for Seattle. Exciting times ahead which will make this Journey a better one a safer one.
The last sunsets from last night more big trees you are all lucky that we actually left as I might not have spared you!
From somewhere in Oregon right now posted on the Blog.

Be well

and remember Beemerchef for hire when in your area
www.personalchefara.com

Ara and Spirit

Spirit is well?
I have to say I envy your journey, truly inspirational.
Work your way east, we'd love to see you here in the Midwest.

Rig maintenance in Seattle... WA

Thanks Wezul... eventualy we will get there!

163609512-L.jpg

Rig maintenance in Seattle WA

They say it rains a lot here, in Seattle, and it must. It has been overcast, but we have been too busy taking the rig apart to notice much of it.
The great news is that ÔÇ£Old FaithfulÔÇÿsÔÇØ transmission is fineÔǪ it is a big load off my mind.

The dogs are having a blast playing, sometimes hard but always friendly.
It is nice to see Spirit having a friend I often thought about getting him a companion but where would he fit in the sidecar! I had a chance of it the other day when I was offered a Pit puppy! white with black lips and an L marking on her neck.. Named Lips!

No riding for a while trying to stay busy to distract me from the thought of missing my daily ritual! wont be long.

Will post the progress on the Blog with everything else that is and will be going on.

Be well

Dont forget Beemerchef is for hire when in your area

Ara & Spirit

Welcome in Wisconsin

Hello Ara,

I hope you and Spirit are well. When you make it this way you are welcome here. If this is in your future PM me for details. Tried the chicken and pasta recipe you showed the other day. The lime is the key.

:thumb

Ride Safe!!!

Heading back to Seattle...

You are correct! The lime IS the key... prize behind door #1?... 2 or 3???
Just went through Wisconsin today... wish I had more time... but as you might read... trying to hurry back... Spam Museum?... I will need to come back for that.
Thanks...

165384407-L.jpg

Heading back to Seattle

Mind games that Spirit is here I hear and feel him, at the same time I get this drop the stomach notion at times I will have to endure this two more days till our eyes meet again. Patience I think more than that will be needed.
1100 miles or so to go which will see me back in Seattle Saturday, not Friday as I had planned on. Driving is not my favorite past time!
Had to be done much more ahead.
Enjoy the pictures in the Blog as I finally stopped to actively find an Internet connection and take some time to write.

Be well

Beemerchef for hire if and when in your area!

Ara & Spirit

I'm so very glad to hear you and Spirit will soon be back together. What a trial this has all been.

But for a purpose.

See you in Wisconsin. Looking forward to your seminar there.

Voni
sMiling in Park City, Utah

Back to Seattle... reunited!

Thanks Voni... Paul should enjoy this next picture!!! Hope... hope to see you soon!

166123768-L.jpg

Back in Seattle reunited!

Feels good to be with my buddy again even if he was a bit angry! How dare you leave me behind! Feels good to see the rig again. Did I just say that or did Andy threatened me if I did not write this? The garage door was closed when I pulled in good thing!
It is all good all of it! Tired too much driving
The rest is on the Blog

Be well

Beemerchef is for hire if and when in your area

Ara & Spirit

Idling near Seattle... WA

167011212-L.jpg

Idling near Seattle WA

One day at the time brings us closer to the new roads ahead of us We are here thought, so laid back further than most houses from the main road it feels like we are indeed camping out the dogs are having a blast and much work ahead for both Andy and I as I have been allowed to help!!! Yes
A nice walk right here and some thoughts in the Blog

Be well

Ara & Spirit

A Birthday in Seattle... WA

167685653-L.jpg

A Birthday in Seattle WA

We are at a stand still tonight Friday night parts have not showed up as just about everything else has been done, reinforced need the shocks back to get the rest going all three of them! Managed to cook a nice dinner last night having come across a Cooper River Sockeye Salmon fresh caught Sunday. Some errands more tomorrow again and will check out the town Enumclaw
It has been REALLY nice to get best wishes from so many! A real treat I assure you
When are we getting back on the road? Most likely Wednesday not a good day for it considering the Holiday weekend, but
More on the Blog

Be well

Ara & Spirit

Enumclaw... WA

168236730-L.jpg

Enumclaw WA

I dont know about Spirit but I can taste and see the finish line suddenly! If it was not for the rebuilt shocks shipped from Georgia ground instead of air we would have been rolling by Monday for sure Now? Maybe Tuesday evening pull a late one!
Anyhow I cannot leave this town till I have a piece of a pie from the Pie Goddess You can see her on the Blog

Till later you be well

Ara & Spirit

 and dont forget, if and when in your area would love to cook for you!

Rolling again... Mt Rainier, WA

169762794-M.jpg

Rolling again Mt Rainier, WA

Savoring the moments with each mile with an incredible handling rig, Mt Rainiers breathtaking beauty, snow in July, incredible weather, great company, a happy Spirit what more would I ask for! I must have done something right to deserve all this. What an accomplishment on Andys part to have spend unselfishly so many hours reconstructing the rig from ground up There is Karma, I cannot ignore it. It makes me await the future with excitement as the times to come can only be filled with the great pictures of a life that can only have more positive aspects
More pictures on the Blog

Be well

Ara & Spirit

A fun taste of Seattle.... WA

170429730-L.jpg

A fun taste of Seattle WA

Noah RattytoAustin this one is for you guys! Thanks for the company and the entertainment also for Woody from Woodys Wheels for introducing us to a delightful friend of yours Meg.
It was a fun day quite different from the ordinary There will be more of those I am sure as we are moving near by tomorrow waiting for some mail to follow me
Maybe too many pictures today? Oh well enjoy them in the Blog

Be well as always

 and remember, if in your area, would love to cook for you I can do that!

Ara & Spirit

Just like a maiden voyage... WA

171598397-L.jpg

Just like a maiden voyage. WA

No having my usual Internet connection has been enjoyable seems like we have much more time a double edge sword however the jury is still out. This feels as part II of the Journey everything has been fixed redone realigned I just wish I was more mechanically inclined as I have, it seems like, done my share of damage and ill repairs
The sights are incredible camping by ourselves only silence only the birds in concert
Sunsets on the hills and more on the Blog

You be well

Ara & Spirit

More of Washington State...

172303319-L.jpg

More local riding and stuff WA

The word on everyones mind is HOT 104 degrees today uncomfortable after being used to some cool weather. Have to watch Spirit closely, stay under cover or keep moving. After a day at Dauntless, having the sidecars disc brake reworked on, great results by the way, courtesy of Jay, we even went up the pass to I thought lay on the snow and cool off. But no more snow! All has melted, except on the peaks of course.
More on the website

Be well

Ara & Spirit

Mt St Helen weekend... WA (part I)

173204905-L.jpg

Mt St Helen weekend WA (part I)

What a coincidence to be on the same route and destination as the Northwestern Moto Guzzi riders we end up camping close by and enjoying their food and company Learned a couple cooking tips after all these years a ride to Mt St Helen
Today however I have written some thoughts about Life and this Journey following some interesting conversations with other riders tomorrow will be about the weekend all on the website. Lets think about this as a two part to Mt St Helen

Be well

Ara & Spirit

Up Mt St Helen... WA (part II)

173234568-L.jpg

Up Mt St Helen WA (part II)

Does not seem that I can write it all in one page or so too many pictures also It was a great weekend being close by the Northwest Guzzi riders a great and kind group of riders After all, I was the outsider!
I will leave my feelings toward Mt St Helen for the next time eerie transcending deep thoughts ground zero of a 9/11 with Mother Nature responsible for such destruction and taking so many lives
In the meantime you can check out how to make an omelet in a ziplock bag and the sights of this Tropical like forest we have been in all on the website.

Be well

Ara & Spirit

It seems from some messages that I receieved that BMW MOA did not notify anyoneabout my not being there for the saturday 1pm "talk"... and some of you waited... and waited. I feel real bad about this... I appologize again... I know they must have been busy not to post anything up pertaining to my abscence... Maybe I can make up for it next year... in Wyoming...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

It seems from some messages that I receieved that BMW MOA did not notify anyoneabout my not being there for the saturday 1pm "talk"... and some of you waited... and waited. I feel real bad about this... I appologize again... I know they must have been busy not to post anything up pertaining to my abscence... Maybe I can make up for it next year... in Wyoming...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
We were worried about why you were not there. Some of the attendees had claimed to see you on sight. You had a full tent! Sorry there was a miscommunication.

We were worried about why you were not there. Some of the attendees had claimed to see you on sight. You had a full tent! Sorry there was a miscommunication.

I even tried to find "your" e mail address as to not desapoint your daughter... to no avail... This has been the worse thing happening since we have been on the road... Mandy did write today that they just were so overwhelmed...
So sorry... again! I feel so bad and hope that everyone forgives me... This is from a person that is never late and everyone can always count on...
Hopefully next year in Wyoming...

Be well... stay in touch...

Ara & Spirit

Seeing Mt St Helen is believing!... WA

173234236-L.jpg

Seeing Mt St Helen is believing WA

We finally have made it to the Olympic Peninsula which will start riding tomorrow seems to be a lot of riders going around most heavily packed must be a destination
But today is about the last day up Mt St Helen I promise this is the end of it with the salmon and a little dish of my own a favorite that I have been craving since I left Georgia
All on the website
Enjoy and be well

Ara & Spirit

Back