• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey...

The Christmas Art Show, Texas

They really both did... and so the teachers also!!!

232835892-L.jpg

The Christmas Art Show, Texas

Well, it was not all that bad after all. Sold about 2/3rd of the 75 Art Cards had had prepared, mostly local scenes, and a few bags of the Spirited Doggie Treats. Learned a couple lessons of course! Never set up outside on fine dirt in windy condition even if I am told to do so because obviously the locals had reserved, most likely a year in advance the best indoor spots!
It was nice to talk about our Journey to the curious ones, watch the expression of the on lookers stopping to glance at the table I had set up, listening to the local talented musicians and of course eat some excellent home made tamales
Sunny today, but cold 27 degrees this morning and the heaters are still going full blast!
Enjoy the Blog!
Be well Ara & Spirit

Last call for Terlingua, Texas

233855243-L.jpg

Last call for Terlingua, Texas

The Chisos did not hold back their last curtain call on our departure from Terlingua. It was not a spectacle to miss or will forget soon. Could the word ÔÇ£WOWÔÇØ say it all?
350 miles or so to the east we have already covered, primitive camping near Del Rio, right on the water in the Amistad National Park. Back to the basics, no running electricity or water. There is a sense of dependence on ones self living as is, and I like it. We are only a few miles from Acuna in Mexico, and as a Blog reader, Mary Jo also traveling with her Pit Bull is camping near by, we will join forces and go to town to explore a bit of the local colors.
I could not help myself writing a few more thoughts about the Christmas Art Show it seems like I say it the way it is on the Blog.

Till next time, you all be well

Ara & Spirit

In Acuna, Mexico

234127463-L.jpg

In Acuna, Mexico

All yesterdays pictures while in Acuna, Mexico, have this grey cast, a blanket that would not lift itself off. Today in contrast the weather has heated up, the skies are bright and blue and we are wearing short sleeve T shirts! Acuna is only a few miles from here and will need to experience one more time, with Spirit also as I left him behind in camp alone for a few hours. I missed him and at the same time my cautious mind was glad to have the experience alone and judge later how we would do together back again. I remember being in Germany visiting my mother where dogs where allowed everywhere, even in Restaurants! Now that would be a great world to live in, it would actually be so incredibly nice. But, not being the case we do what we can with what we are given.
A nice day it was, hope the Blog transports you there even if it just for a little while.
Be well

Ara & Spirit

Great pictures and posts, thanks for sharing your adventure with us! I find your travels inspiring and a bit............I don't know, challenging, like I should, at some point take a similar journey.

More of Acuna, Mexico, and some Pies...

That is really funny!!!... It is a choice... a different lifestyle... we like it!!!

234876290-L.jpg

More of Acuna, Mexico and some Pies

What an irony that on this incredibly sunny day the wind kept us inside! One of those where I had to reset the Internet Dish 3 times and add some tie downs for fear of it to blow away. We were also told to stay close as Law Enforcement was looking for 3 smugglers on foot and wet after bailing out of their boat when caught by the Border Patrol How exciting and relaxing day before the Holiday creeping up on us. We went to the incredible Whitehead Museum here yesterday in Del Rio, I dont think very well known, but definitely not to miss, so I had many pictures to go through for the next Blog. I am also getting ready to make Spirits Christmas present you will see it soon!
Reorganizing some cabinets you know all that boring stuff that needs to get done eventually.
Todays Blog is the rest of our visit in Acuna and also a couple Pies that I made which I hope you will try to duplicate. Always feel free to send me your questions love to help!
Till next time, you all be well and hope that you and your family are ready to celebrate.

Ara & Spirit

Happy Holidays from the road, 2007

235314680-M.jpg

Happy Holidays from the Road, 2007

It is all quiet now, one camper, I can barely see them either, and that is about all for this whole area! Many ducks on the water, but they just donÔÇÖt know what day it is.
Spirits present is ready a huge but you will have to wait for the pictures!
Even the Internet is quiet, amazing how one can feel it being here remote from it all.
I think tomorrow we will go back and spend Christmas Day in Acuna. I have no idea if the vendors will be out on the streets, if the celebration will be present, as if it is, should be very colorful and joyful. I do know Feliz Navidad and we will get along just fine
In the meantime, some pictures of the Whitehead Museum and Happy Holidays to you all friends, readers, everyone we have been in touch with at some point or another and everyone we will be in touch with!
Our Best Wishes to you all as always.

Ara & Spirit

How was your Christmas? Tx

235830198-L.jpg

How was your Christmas? TX

We have started to move on today, and besides the border towns in Mexico, hopefully will see Piedras Negras tomorrow, the area does not excite us. We feel back into civilization, and for that reason I think we will take a bit of a Northern route to head East. Maybe Garner State Park and then on Galveston State Park Louisiana
We had a fun day yesterday, specially with Spirits Christmas present He did not quite know what to make of it first, but, as the official tester of the Spirited Doggie Treats, he gets an A+ for approving the new Peanut Butter flavor!!!
The heater is fixed a little gizmo the size of a button was fried all is well.
Lets see where we land tomorrow! Tonight is Eagles Pass
You be well and thank you for all the Best Wishes you have send us
Ara & Spirit

Piedras Negras, MX

236854879-M.jpg

Piedras Negras, Mx

As usual we have not kept our word regarding the taken route and are now parked in Luling, Texas. Slowly going East confronting civilization, loosing ground on the open spaces deserts canyons.
We are visiting a friend, Donna, who is also a motorcyclist. This is the start of her own Journey and it has been interesting to watch how others handle the many daily situations that arise.
She researches everything much more than I do. In less than 24 hours I have already found out about things I did not know I have a simpler approach to it all there is no right or wrong as long as we all remain safe on our path.
A short visit to Piedras Negras on the Blog wishing I had some of those Tacos today again for breakfast! I will need to start making my own
San Antonio is near by we have been thinking about seeing the lights at the River Walk at night, would be for a cold ride back but we both have heated gear.
Enjoy the pictures lots of them today!!!
You be well as always.
Ara & Spirit

A bit of San Antonio, Tx

237726758-L.jpg

A bit of San Antonio, Tx

Another last day of the Year! Our second New Year on the road, in Texas as the last one! Quiet here, but no so quiet when we went to San Antonio for the afternoon with a friend of ours, Donna.
No picture taking allowed inside the Alamo, have no clue as to why yet. Still, it was interesting and so was the River Walk packed with tourists night and day situation considering the time we have spend in the Desert. The rehabilitation is hard, I will not hide that fact, on the both of us.
You all have a Happy New Year, wishing you a prosperous and healthy one to come, many more actually It is always a good time to figure out where we are going and how we are getting there, maybe there is a better way a better path?
Enjoy the Blog the last one this year!

Be well Ara & Spirit

And a Happy New Year, Tx

238278835-L.jpg

And a Happy New Year Tx

Just Spirit and I celebrating, what better company. He was actually asleep by the time midnight rolled on food, play, sleep and keeping an eye, most of the time both, on me, are his fulfillments in life. Dont we wish sometimes
28 degrees this morning, nice and warm and cozy just relaxing in the Texas countryside before moving on to Louisiana soon, I dont really know how soon! I know that we are 400 miles from Baton Rouge and then on another 550 miles to Atlanta I have already checked out the mileage back to Moab, 1700 miles! With the price of fuel this might be our last chance on the East Coast for a while.
I hope that you all had a great New YearÔÇÖs Eve. Downtown San Antonio was truly a fun place to be for that evening, specially around the Alamo with the lighted Carriages and also by the River Walk, the actual festivities with bands and much crowd was happening a couple blocks away.
Wishing you all a great prosperous and healthy 2008...
Be well Ara & Spirit

Who said BBQ? Tx

239328924-L.jpg

Who said BBQ? Texas

Our last day here in Luling before moving on to Booth (southwest of Houston) tomorrow for a few days. We are having a get together on Sunday come and join us Let us know as we will be also cooking bring your dog you bike your car Carl and Collete are the hosts and it has been real nice for them to put this together.
WE discovered real Texas BBQ yesterday I am so tempted to go back today for some more of those ribs! I get the meat Spirit gets the bones! It was quite a kitchen with smoked walls, a real hard hat area. I forgot who recommended the place, City Market, but thank you my Dr will love you too
A few more pictures of our New Years Eve outing in San Antonio and that fills the Blog today!
Till next time, from Houston you all be well.
Ara & Spirit

A gathering in Booth, Texas

240560880-L.jpg

A gathering in Booth, Tx

It was a fine day, with fine people and I think fine food some days are like that! Just fine!!! The weather cooperated, the spirits where jovial and even though some did not show up excuses excuses it was a good turn out.
Tying up some loose ends these coming days, tires, presriptions, going over the route planning, you name it! Highway 10 might be our only option to Louisiana hard to believe that we are actually leaving the State of Texas!
Spirit has been having a blast being off the leash these past couple days, his eyes, leash or not, fixated on me, he does not leave my sight finally it is happening as it did to my previous dogs love and patience, that is all it takes. I know what some of you are thinking I will add that the leash will be back on as we leave here.
Till next time you all be well
Ara & Spirit

Spirit... the Clown, Tx

241522728-M.jpg

Spirit the Clown! Tx

Pits have an incredible amount of energy to spend everyday, being here has proved it. They are Clowns that love the attention while running falling faking moves Spirit puts up a daily show for us. We will miss this place, him as much as myself, as we will leave tomorrow very early trying to avoid Houstons traffic on our way to Baton Rouge, Mississippi and finally Atlanta where we should arrive by next Thursday Schedule! Something foreign for us we are trying to stay on top of it.
Internet problems have finally been fixed, suck lack of knowledge by Alltel sales people have really made this an expensive repair as damage was done we never stop learning!
Till next time on the road, you be well more on the Blog.

Ara & Spirit

Busy... busy, LA/MS

Thank you...

242423942-L.jpg

Busy Busy, LA/MS

It is going to take us all day to catch up making some Treats printing some Art Cards and getting ready for our last stretch to Atlanta. Moving makes life busy. The George Ranch we visited near Booth, Tx, a couple times these past days was a worth outing for sure, yesterdays ride with the Louisiana Dual Sport Rider also was a great event and now at Walts and Paulettes in Mississippi, well, brings back some memories as this was our first stop when we left to live on the road. The dogs, chickens, ducks, goats are still all here as Spirit also found out.
We are staying in touch as well as we can it is all on the Blog, most of it anyhow.
Be well Ara & Spirit

Moving on, MS

243514562-L.jpg

Moving on, MS

We had the best night sleep at a Truck Stop overnight, canÔÇÖt figure that one out! Do people live at Truck Stops permanently? They sure are enough of them! Would it do for an interesting Blog? Not really I think!
Great weekend riding with the Dual Sport Riders of Louisiana, familiar faces and some new faces, some black top and some primitive roads. We had it all including some entertainment! Some duck grilling at Walts and Paulettes
We will be in Birmingham, AL, by the time you read this, and the next time in Atlanta, exactly where we started 15 months ago.
Of course many thoughts are going through my mind
I will talk about it later, we need to keep rolling East in the meantime enjoy the pictures on the Blog

Be well Ara & Spirit

Atlanta, GA

244506718-L.jpg

Snow last night in Atlanta. We are camped out in Powder Springs at a friends office/construction site, with all the comforts needed. Yes, it is a culture shock being here after so many months out there as my thoughts are a bit already fast forwarding to Moab, Utah, our next destination when my mother flies back home in about a month. She will arrive here on Tuesday we will be at the Airport in the afternoon I cant wait to see her, has been a couple years.
We braved the 37 degree temps this afternoon and took a short ride, not that bad really with the help of electric heated gear actually. Found out about the International Motorcycle Show this weekend which we will attend so we can show you the pictures of all the new bikes! Always something. Just posted the last pictures of the George Ranch Homes on the Blog.
Be well
Ara & Spirit

Cabin fever? Atlanta

245126365-L.jpg

Cabin fever? Atlanta

So we rented a car today I dont think my 80 year old mother would adventure herself riding in the sidecar even though I am sure Spirit would be more than a gentleman! Almost headed out for the International Motorcycle show at the Georgia Dome, but, with much snow coming down and freezing forecast, we will wait till tomorrow. Of course it end up raining after the snow and the temps are not as cold as predicted. I guess I wanted to play it safe relaxed throughout the show without the thought of getting stuck in town. We were suppose to meet some friends there today there will be another waive of them tomorrow such is Life!
Spirit shared his sidecar with Scooter yesterday. Johns buddy and we had a great time taking some pictures. I think we will watch a movie tonight it has been really nice to relax and reminisce about the past looking forward to the future
Be well Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and Blog

The Atlanta Cycle show...

245907731-L.jpg

The Atlanta Cycle Show

The Show? well, I liked it as for the first time I saw this kind of show under a different light. Some Art, some function and purpose. Maybe because I have never been prejudiced toward two wheels and maybe because our own rig has turned into more of a great tool than anything else Old ones, new ones, restoration and much Art with the custom choppers hard to believe that one can actually ride them.
My Mother arrived today it was Airport time with an hour delay, but who does not like people watching! So keep checking the Blog as I keep on writing but might not have as much time posting on here. She is doing great for 80, I hope I am in such great shape when and if I ever get there. Oh! Drs check up today complete stress test Cardiologist good to go for a while longer he said.
He is one of the best in the Country, a great Human Being, he knows of our Blog and the fact that I do not have Health Insurance, he never charges me what a contribution!
Be well Ara & Spirit

Back