• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Soft Copies

fish

Megalodon
  1. I'd like to have access to electronic "soft copies" of articles that appear in ON. Navigating the laptop while in the bathroom is more difficult than reading the magazine, but for all other times, it would be pretty cool to read the articles online.
  2. I'd like to see the Fleamarket go online, with facilities to add, change, or delete advertisements.
    [/list=1]

I agree, an online flea market would be vastly more useful to me. I always seem to get my copy of the magazine a couple of weeks after everyone in the US gets it. Needless to say anything in the flea market I'd like to buy is long since sold. When I finally get my copy, all I can do is read the ads and weep over the good deals I've missed.

I'd also like to see a list of advertisers with web links. It would save me a lot of typing in of addresses.

I would love to see the online flea market as well, but I think that will be one of the last things that happen. Politics as they are, and the ON being such a popular item, taking the flea market from that forum to this one would be a very unpopular move. there are other forums that have a flea market you can check out online. I imagine that the folks posting in the ON will also add the items to these forums as well, since the move to the internet happens to more of the BMW community. But for now, I dont see the flea market coming to the MOA forum. Just my .02

Nice to know when it is sold...

It would be nice that if an item is listed in the Hard Copy ON one could put a status online.

Perhaps give each ad a number. One could put a numer on the ad, then a status on the webpage. One could then go to the website, put in the number. See if it is sold, place the order... etc. :idea

fish said:
  1. I'd like to have access to electronic "soft copies" of articles that appear in ON. Navigating the laptop while in the bathroom is more difficult than reading the magazine, but for all other times, it would be pretty cool to read the articles online.
    [/list=1]

1. Blackberry.

Ian

fish said:
Raspberry?

Blueberry.

You can sit anywhere you like and respond to e-mail or
surf the net...sometimes it's the thought that counts :)

Ian

Blackberry ... Rasberry

So can Verizon, Nextel, iPAQ, AT&T, Qualcomm.... insert technology here. However it helps if the pages are in WML (Wireless Markup Language) - I know for experience.

MCMXCIV-RS said:
I'd also like to see a list of advertisers with web links. It would save me a lot of typing in of addresses.

reply deleted

Last edited:
lorazepam said:
I would love to see the online flea market as well, but I think that will be one of the last things that happen. Politics as they are, and the ON being such a popular item, taking the flea market from that forum to this one would be a very unpopular move.

reply deleted

Last edited:
I know the IBMWR marketplace is awesome, but putting one on here is what I was wondering about. It was discussed at the national meeting, ( I was there) and it seemed like there would be reluctance to adding it here, and removing it from the ON magazine. non computer types would get their panties in a wad if they didnt have those ads to look at every month I am sure.

lorazepam said:
non computer types would get their panties in a wad if they didnt have those ads to look at every month I am sure.

There's one group you don't have to worry about offending in the forum :evil

Compromise on where to list

Maybe something that we could do is if you place an ad in ON, it could have an advertisement#. When it sells the person could say it is sold on the "status board" so that people do not keep calling or e-mailing about something that has sold.

Make sense? Kind of like how when I sold stuff in the local paper it got bad enough that I did not answer the phone for a week and let the answering machine get it with a message of the ... has sold.

Does it hafta be one or the other?

Why can't the Flea Mkt continue in the hard copy AND be on the website? The website version could be accessed by the person placing the ad and he/she could remove it when sold - just like many other websites with stuff for sale.
Your passcode would enable you to place and edit your ad(s). Oh what phun!

Back