Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: I heard KISS is the big music act??

Cool

Could it be that Rush drummer dude??
    Tim Hebert
    aka
    Green Mountain Crewzr
    '99 R1200C
    '73 R60/5 Toaster
    BMW MOA #124866, BMW MOV #1080

callmethebreeze

Big Secret

Quote Originally Posted by tpr3cats3 View Post
    Could it be that Rush drummer dude??
    Neil Peart, Good guess grasshopper......

More than likely it will be Dave Swider on his ukelele playing "San Fransisco Bay Blues"

I ain't got a nickel
    and I ain't got a lousy dime
    She don't come back,
    think I'm going to lose my mind.
    If she ever gets back to stay,
    it's going to be another brand new day
    Walking with my baby
    down by the San Francisco Bay
    -- Jesse Fuller

Breeze

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke View Post
    Hi Everyone!

WOW --- I take a week off and the crowd gets restless! The weather in the Keys was marvelous last week. I am tan, rested, and working my way through de-tox even as I type.

The Pirates send their regards.......... AAAARGH!

About the entertainment at the rally: With the current technology of "instant-information," I am sure that some of you are finding this lack of information frustrating. I am sorry for that. I ask your patience.

Here is a hint: The Closing Ceremony warm-up act is an MOA member who has been featured in an article in the BMW Owners News. You won't want to miss it.

I can hear the clacking of keyboards and "Google-searches" already.

The first one who guesses correctly gets to buy me a beer at the rally. (So much for the detox.)
    Sue, I appreciate all that you do, and the tone of this is not intended to sound rude, so please don't take it that way. What is the utility in withholding information from the members? Why not simply tell us? If our club has entered into a contract, then unless there are embargo stipulations in the contract, then please explain why information is not already posted. As a volunteer director of a local non-profit corp, I can understand maintaining confidentiality about various types of sensitive information, however, releasing the names of performers would hardly seem to rise to that level, barring the aforementioned contractual embargo.

Thanks,

Bob MacFarland
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

Hi Bob -

There is no big secret. No Black Helicopters here.

My reasoning for delaying putting the entertainment line-up on line right now is simple: Quite frankly, I would like to see some of this information go out to the whole membership at the same time, which means the magazine ... which means there is some delay time.

Part of the job of the rally chairman is to enable the committee chairs to do the jobs they signed up for. Brian Manke is in charge of this aspect of the rally. As of yesterday afternoon at 5 PM, he finished his article for the BMW Owners News. Because he missed the March 10th deadline for the May issue, this information is now delayed until the June issue.

I have Brian's article in my briefcase. Hopefully I will have time to transcribe it this week and send it to Vince Winkel. (Just got back from vacation and everything is pretty chaotic right now.)

Once that is finished, we will decide when and how to release the information.

Thanks for your patience.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Thanks for the response, Sue. No black helicopters or anything of the sort intended or implied. Simply the examination of the basis for a decision.

I think the magazine is a terrific place for your husband's article to appear.

However, given that the web site is open to all members, I am afraid I must politely differ with the reasons to keep the names of the performers from your fellow members. I can understand holding back the article for the magazine, but not the names.

IMHO, the sooner you can get the names out there, the sooner people who might not have been planning to go, due to various conflicts, can start to work to move heaven and earth to make attendance possible. In other words, publicising the performers sooner rather than later may serve as a draw to boost attendance. The web site is the perfect venue for such announcements, which may prevent a few "If only I had known sooner" comments.

I have found that in any organization, people tend to form preferences to doing things a certain way, usually with all the best intentions in mind. I do the same thing, and find that it is often difficult to re-examine my own assumptions about which course of action does the greatest amount of good. I don't mean to upset your apple cart in any way, but perhaps my perspective can be helpful.

Bob
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

callmethebreeze

You can't make this stuff up........

Following the logic here:

It's no big secret but we're not going to tell you now.
    We want everyone to find out at the same time but BoD and insiders already know.
    We missed the deadline for May so we'll let you know in June, the month before the Rally assuming that everyone gets their On at the same time.
    Actually, we'll decide when and how to let you know.

Once again...I am stupified........

Breeze

This smells like some sort of repressive regime.

This is starting to look like Harley Davidson 100th year Anniversary all over again. Where only the HD insiders knew who the main act was going to be and that turned out to be Elton John.
    Michael Johnston
    Founder: Veteran BMW Riders Name Change to: BMW Club Veteran Riders international
    www.veteranbmwriders.org

Quote Originally Posted by vetbmwrider View Post
    This is starting to look like Harley Davidson 100th year Anniversary all over again. Where only the HD insiders knew who the main act was going to be and that turned out to be Elton John.
    Are you saying you don't want to "Crocodile Rock" it out in West Bend?

Actually, I've been a little perplexed about the whole thing, as well. Of course, since I'm going to the rally regardless of what happens, I figure I will find out who is playing, eventually. Even if that means the moment they walk on stage.

I'm coming to get some face time and meet you fine folks, the entertainment is gravy. Hope to see all of you there!

Peace.

Wez

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    I'm coming to get some face time and meet you fine folks, the entertainment is gravy. Hope to see all of you there!

Peace.

Wez

Exactly!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

+1

Me too. As a matter of fact, I would prefer to be surprised and not know until I show up. If I don't want to hear the band, I won't go listen. Big deal. I'm not signing up for a concert, I'm going to a rally.