• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

ON looking for tech articles

MANDYPANTS

Know a lot about F-bike tech?
Plan on wrenching this winter?
Enjoy writing?

The Owners News is looking for technically proficient people who know how to wrench to share their knowledge. If you are interested in writing one or more technical articles and explaining anything from simple maintenance to complex repairs, please e-mail mandy@bmwmoa.org. Please be prepared to submit photos of your project, and captions explaining what is in the pictures.

F-650's already have Steve, Flash and the Chaingang. I don't think there is anything left uncovered in the FAQ section of F650.com.

Or maybe you could suggest an author for an article in Owners News. :ha

Some people, no matter how much I resist, like to see them in print in our club's magazine.

How 'bout I write an article on how I used the Chain Gang FAQs and DVDs to perform my 6000 mile valve clearance checks?

fauster said:
How 'bout I write an article on how I used the Chain Gang FAQs and DVDs to perform my 6000 mile valve clearance checks?

You just did.

fauster said:
Yup. Submitted a draft yesterday. And I think I'll have a draught or two tonight. :drink

Oh. Great. I was just goofing but great. I'll look for it.

How about a tech article on how inaccurate the range function included on an F800S or ST is? I could do one with photos and all. Otherwise, my F800S is one great bike.

No more F800S, as it was lemoned out.

Last edited:
Know a lot about F-bike tech?
Plan on wrenching this winter?
Enjoy writing?

The Owners News is looking for technically proficient people who know how to wrench to share their knowledge. If you are interested in writing one or more technical articles and explaining anything from simple maintenance to complex repairs, please e-mail mandy@bmwmoa.org. Please be prepared to submit photos of your project, and captions explaining what is in the pictures.

A good idea but lots of this information is in the FAQ's of the Chain Gang. Its where I have learned to work on my bike with help of other members of the Chain Gang.

When you talk simple... are you wanting something such as an oil change?

A good idea but lots of this information is in the FAQ's of the Chain Gang. Its where I have learned to work on my bike with help of other members of the Chain Gang.

When you talk simple... are you wanting something such as an oil change?

Which is about the same as telling the New York Times that the info is in the Chicago Tribune, so why bother.

e9a34bfe.gif

Whatever the source there is an encyclopedia for information at the 650 site. Click Here

Check out the free DVDs. :thumb

Which is about the same as telling the New York Times that the info is in the Chicago Tribune, so why bother.
That attitude could explain why it has been nearly five YEARS since you received a set of the FREE-to-anyone F650 Service and Maintenance DVDs to review and not yet found time to review them for the Owner's News.
:wave :ADV_salute

I wonder which mod will delete this post without notifying me. I've been waiting YEARS for Knary to do what he said he would do and figure out who does that, too.
:wave :ADV_salute for him, too.

I could do one on what BMW NA was like to deal with lemoning out a bike. Plenty of good and bad.

RaceTech Installation on an F650

I guess I better get to cracking on writing up my RaceTech front suspension installation on my F650. Too much riding has gotten in the way of writing.

Tim in Burien, WA
F650GSLA & a "few" others

I'm planning on documenting the R&R process of the front and rear rotors/pads on my 2001 Dakar soon. Waiting on a rebuilt drive shaft for my GSPD before doing the brakes...

Hey Tim :wave

Back