• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Side trip to AK

syeager

My girl and I are looking for fellow members who might be interested in a post-rally trip to Alaska (my home, where I haven't been in a while).

A couple of ideas: 3-day ferry to Seward and ride out, or ride up and take the ferry out. Some of that depends on the ferry schedule, of course.

The other obvious option is to ride up AND back, though I suspect time constraints (job, etc) may get in the way.

Feel free to respond here if interested.

Scott Yeager
'00 R1150GS

You are going to Seward from ?
From Juneau they don't run very often.
I would take the ferry up and ride back. If you ride up and get delayed getting to Seward you may have a long wait for another ferry.
I did the Ferry from Bellingham, WA to Juneau, AK then Juneau to Seward and a ride back in 2001.

Hiya, Mr. Swider... you in for a SoCal run this coming weekend?

The ferry runs from Prince Rupert, BC to Seward over three days, turning around the same day with returns every two weeks. Thus, having not checked the specific schedules, it's conceivable that we COULD catch the boat and get the bikes tied down the Monday after the rally (which gives us time to pack up and get our buns up to PR).

:rocker

I'm from Kenai, so I figger a couple of days up there touching base with a few folks... it also just happens to be the perfect time for you sport-fishing types to hook into some of the best silver salmon around on the Kenai River.

Here is where you'll find the AMH schedule.

I assume you're talking about after the rally?

Ian

Correct - post-rally. However, the ferry schedule is typically dependable only three or four months prior to your travel schedule, so what's on the AMH web site now is not likely to be in effect at rally time.

The post-Jan 1 schedule should be fairly solid, though.

S

I'm certainly interested. I am also interested in spending some time in AK as well.

Ian

Back