• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

T shirt design

metternick

:german
I hope that the design for the ralley shirt has more motorcle than location. the fact that BMW doesn't let anyone use their logo is a bite. Go to any site selling t shirts and you can find and brand availible except BMW. The best thing Harley sells is their logo. BMW need to let us use the logo on our club and ralley shirts...enough ranting ,,,let's get a great shirt for our ralley.

metternick said:
I hope that the design for the ralley shirt has more motorcle than location. the fact that BMW doesn't let anyone use their logo is a bite. Go to any site selling t shirts and you can find and brand availible except BMW. The best thing Harley sells is their logo. BMW need to let us use the logo on our club and ralley shirts...enough ranting ,,,let's get a great shirt for our ralley.

BMW has established rules for use of their logo, which makes sense to me. It's not that hard to obey the rules. We just need to use the approved logo, which is this one. Under the rules, the BMW MOA is also protected from misuse of our logo by BMW.

cs_int_decal.png

You might also note that HD staged a huge crackdown on the use of their logo a few years ago, going so far as forcing an independent shop called the Hog Pen or some such to change their name.

The artwork is in the final stages, and we are very excited about the design. Jonathan Tessler outdid himself with the artwork.

It will not include the BMW Roundel, but it does integrate some of the features of the Bavarian flag. Very classy.

I will post it here after the board meeting this weekend.

Patience, Grasshopper.....

Tessler just sent me a sneak peak of the Rally T-Shirt design...
285029537_c5f01e56e2.jpg

I think he has out done himself once again.

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
I will post it here after the board meeting this weekend.

NO NO NO DonÔÇÖt post it. Keep it under wraps until the Rally.

metternick said:

So BMW is not like HD, and all the others? I like that.

ironMan said:
NO NO NO DonÔÇÖt post it. Keep it under wraps until the Rally.

Nah, go ahead and post it. We'll need something to talk about once the November ON thread dies down. :lurk

Mar said:
Nah, go ahead and post it. We'll need something to talk about once the November ON thread dies down. :lurk

Really? What happened in the November ON? Heh heh.

Burnszilla said:
Tessler just sent me a sneak peak of the Rally T-Shirt design...
285029537_c5f01e56e2.jpg

I think he has out done himself once again.

That is a very fine design. It appears that much thought and work was instilled into the design. The cheesehead helmet is definately the way to go.
I hope the boy's from Jersey won't be offended by such fine artwork. The design does not have the forbidden BMW logo. I would not want too upset the corporate well to do folks in Jersey.

Take Care
PC

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
The artwork is in the final stages, and we are very excited about the design. Jonathan Tessler outdid himself with the artwork.
Thanks for sharing last weekend... the artwork is FANTASTIC! Nice work Tessler! Very nice... can't wait to get the hat and shirt... and I haven't said that for a national shirt in I don't know HOW many years... Rhinebeck maybe?

What a great idea! An anti-Tessler thread.. I hate the logo already. I also dislike his choice of ride destinations, meeting places, food stops and whatever else can be negative about this furry rip van creature. Who said he can design? I can't wait for the post so I can join in with the hundreds of others questioning the rally chair about how and why this came about and why the design choice wasn't debated in public.

This is what his friends think of him. Imagine the opinion of those that don't know him. :D :wave :eat :nyah

Mar said:

I wish I could talk about the Nov. ON, but I haven't received mine yet.:cry I'm sure it's a fine magazine.

The_Veg said:
Dang that Tessler's good! I can't wait to get my shirt!
Thanks Veg, but alas, I was usurped by my talented studio apprentice, Burnzilla. It was he who came up with the stunning composition in black, white and cheese.

The rally logo is terrific.

I'll be honest here; I haven't purchased a rally shirt since Rheinbeck. I don't buy many Tshirts with big honkin' logos on the front, but this one would be awesome to own.

If you made it a small crest over the heart on something other than a black, grey or white shirt, you can sign me up.

Packer green?

KBasa said:
The rally logo is terrific.

I guess I will wait and see. I have so many t-shirts at this point that I don't buy them anymore unless they are really kick-ass.

Mar said:
I guess I will wait and see. I have so many t-shirts at this point that I don't buy them anymore unless they are really kick-ass.

Tessler did a damn fine job. :nod

Back