• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Your Favorite Wisconsin Ride

BeerTeam

Ambassador
What is your favorite Wisconsin Ride?

Click Here: :thumb
http://www.sportbikeroads.com/wi.htm

One ride/road would be Wisconsin's Hwy 35 The Great River Road. On this route, as you ride, you have the Bluffs on your one side, and the Mississippi on your other side. The Road has historical towns, lock and dams and does not have much heavy traffic.

Another ride/road would be the Lake Michigan Circle Tour, starting at Sheboygan to Sturgeon Bay. On this route you have some Rustic Roads, farms, beaches and the fishing harbors.

Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive, between Hwy H and Elkhart Lake.
106534777-L.jpg

Last edited:
These threads clearly show my need to get my pics organized and online.

Hwy 33, east of Portage.

St Augustine Rd.

Kinda far from the rally site, but County "O" in st clair county. Or any road connecting 35 with 65 whose name is a letter.

xsPain said:
These threads clearly show my need to get my pics organized and online.

Hwy 33, east of Portage.

St Augustine Rd.

Kinda far from the rally site, but County "O" in st clair county. Or any road connecting 35 with 65 whose name is a letter.

Concur on Hwy 33... nice ride

hwy 35(river road) is nice especially in the fall with all the changing colors on the bluff but if you ride up into the bluffs its twisty with great views of the pastures and valleys. The mindoro cut (hwy 108) just north of West Salem is a great road also. Anthing from Trempealeau to Prairie du chien on either side of the river are great be it on the river or in the bluffs.

I just did a weekend trip (1,200 miles) around the state in September. I have to say my favorites spots were along the Upper Michigan border near Land O Lakes. I also thought that Hwy 35 along the Mississippi was great. I cut back thru Elkhart Lake and my only complaint was the traffic (leaves were changing and people were more interested in trees than the road).

Another one of my favorite routes is Hwy 55 from Shawano north. The highway runs along the Wolf River and there are lots of twists and turns.

Oh yeah, don't forget about Door County (North of Sturgeon Bay). There are some great scenic routes that follow the lake shore. There are some great bluffs that overhang the lake and give you fantastic views. Just watch out tourist during the summer months, they donÔÇÖt spot motorcyclist too well before walking out into the street.

Have fun. :dance

Mindoro Cut is a fav. but there are a ton of roads that are great fun on each side of the Mississippi. Just ride down 35 and cut off in any direction and chances are you'll find a nice road just watch out for all the gravel in the corners.

Back