• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Your Favorite Eastern Wisconsin food product: Cheese, Meat, Smoke Fish, Candy, ect

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
That was BRICK, from Widmer's Cheese factory. MMmmmmmmmm

"It was like cheddar that had some kind of Swiss cheese holes in it."

Makes me wonder what the brie tastes like in CA??

stick with something you know..maybe martini's

Best food I ever got on the E. side of Wisconsin was the brats with red onion sauce at Milwaukee County Stadium. Door County smoked trout. Pancakes at the (Sportsmens'?) cafe in Packwaukee. But the best curds are from Ellsworth Co-Op, squeaky fresh.

A few times a summer, I will stop at Baker Cheese, and purchase some fresh string cheese. When it is fresh and room temperature, it is the best.

78898333-L-1.jpg

Beginning operation in 1911, Union Star Cheese Factory in (Zittau) Fremont Wisconsin, has been owned and operated by the Metzig family for three generations.

my wife's Grandfather sold his milk to this dairy, he still drives out there to buy his cheese. excellant curds and sausage bites

Beginning operation in 1911, Union Star Cheese Factory in (Zittau) Fremont Wisconsin, has been owned and operated by the Metzig family for three generations. My favorite is their Flavored Muenster Vegetable.
Store hours: Monday - Saturday 7:00-5:00 Sunday 10:30 - 5:00, making cheese six days a week on Monday thru Saturday, starting at 4:30AM.
Union Star produces fine cheeses including:

* Cheddar cheese and cheese curds on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
* Mozzarella string cheese- Wednesdays
* Flavored Muensters and Colby - Tuesdays

About 30 miles west of Oshkosh

145690943-L.jpg

No mention of the lovely young lady in the photo??? Why not?
I have a handsome 19 year old Grandson who might be very interested in that sweet Fraulein. She has a personality that simply radiates from the photo!!

Pasties

A pastry crust filled with meat, or something else. Door County cherries. When I lived in Oshkosh, I'd buy 5lb tubs and put them in my oatmeal and on pancakes. Take some home with you if your not going to far.

Back