• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Your Favorite Eastern Wisconsin Restaurant?

Jon, the owners of Blue Sky are friends of the family- one of them is the son of a woman my mom worked with for over twenty years (in Alabama of all places). After retiring, my mom's friend now works back on the baking-line at Blue Sky. Next time you're there, tell Tim Richard or Shirley that I said hi. :wave

Cuban Food

Cubanitas.

Downtown Milwaukee about 45 minutes from the rally site.

The owners are Cuban. This is the authentic thing...my wife grew up with this food.

The drinks will knock your socks off.

Prices are very reasonable.

We are there twice a month.

Best steak, fine dining

Ok, sure, burgers are everyone's friend and so are giant sandwiches.

My guess is that there are a few of you out there who are going to be on the prowl for a really great steak, cold beer, or fine wine with onion rings (this by the way is what I look for when I'm on vacation - hey it IS vacation!) Now I'm not talking about Outback Steak House either.

Look no further than Mr. B's Steak House in Brookfield (http://www.mrbssteakhouse.com/docs/home.html) Even though it's fine dining, my guess is that they wouldn't bat an eye if you should up in your riding gear (coat and tie NOT required.)

Make sure you have room on your credit card, a good steak runs $30.00 - $40.00 so you'll easily drop a C Note on dinner with a buddy no problem.

But let me say this; this is really one of the best dining experiences you'll ever find with a wait staff that is extremely attentive without be a pest. That first bite of the steak is the best and my eyes never fail to close and water. Cocktails are potent. :hungover

We don't go there very often because of the cost involved but when we do it's exceptional. The steaks are really the best I've had anywhere in the country.

By the way, I highly recommend the buttermilk dipped onion strings.

So forget Outback Steak House and crank it up a notch - you won't leave Mr. B's dissappointed.

Typos...geeze.

Sorry for all the typos in the above message....my fingers were moving a little quick today. :banghead

I'm usually a good spellr ;)

Mineshaft in Hartford WI

I live in Hartford and its only 15 mins west of the rally site. Good food at great prices. These are just the specials, and its a busy place at prime time.

Mon = Pitcher and large 18" 3 topping pizza 12.99
Tues = Tex Mex nite Full rack of ribs 12.99
Wed = Fish Fry 5.99 all u can eat
Thur = Steak nite, 16oz Tbone for 11.99
Fri = Fish Fry 6.99 all u can eat

Sun = Breakfast Buffet 6.99 til 10am, then brunch 8.99 til 2pm

I believe the bar specials are 10pm to close Sun - Thur, 1.00 beers, 5.00 pitchers, 1.00 shots. Right up my alley !! :drink

http://www.foodspot.com/mineshaft/index.html

The Jailhouse, just east of the grounds on Pleasant Valley, is a great restaurant, great food, drinks and atmosphere. Best part it is minutes from the grounds.

:bikes :german

HP
93 K1100LT

Head east to Lake Michigan! There are great restaurants there! Get to Hwy33 and go east through Newburg, Saukville and then onto Port Washington!

Newburg:
NoNo’s
3498 Hwy 33 E, Newburg WI 53060 Right on Hwy33 just leaving town. Very good food and nice people.

There are some other good place in town, however I don’t know them as well. This would be a good spot for “I’ll try that place” adventure.

Saukville:
Messina’s
151 N Progress Dr Saukville, WI 53080.

Parkview Grill
100 S Main St Saukville, WI 53080
www.parkviewgrill.com

Bublitz’s
150 S Foster St , Saukville, WI

Port Washington:
The Pasta Shop
323 N Franklin St, Port Washington 53074 Look for the huge tomato! www.portpastashoppe.com

Harry’s Restaurant
128 N Franklin St Port Washington, WI 53074 Nice Breakfast or Lunch, very simple.

New Port Shores
407 E Jackson St Port Washington, WI 53074 Only steps from the light house, and great food!

The Port Hotel
101 E Main St, Port Washington 53074
www.theporthotel.com

Beanies
102 E Grand Ave Port Washington, WI 53074
www.beaniesmexican.com

Mama Mia’s Port
1000 S Spring St Port Washington, WI 53074
www.mamamiasport.com

I hope to maybe get some photos up here in the next week, however this weekend is full. Well see.

Snowy.

At the Slimey Crud Run, someone was talking about a new place called IIRC, Quick Lube that had race cars on the ceiling and supposedly good food?

Locals can correct me on the name and quality of food as appropriate.

Sirloin tips

Whenever we go to Elkhart Lake we always hit Schwartz Supper Club in St Anne. It's about 10 miles north of Elkhart Lake in the middle of nowhere. The Sirloin tips are excellent.

I live very close to Holy Hill church and if you are looking for a small quiet place with a very warm feel to it with absolutely incredible food you must try The Alpine Retreat. From seafood to great steaks you can not go wrong with anything on the menu! The chef keeps the menu small due to only serving whats in season. The resturant is fairly small so make reservations ahead of time. This is just east of the Holy Hill church.
Here is a local write up along with the contact info
http://www.onwisconsin.com/dining/dining.asp?id=3270

If you're looking for a fantastic fish fry (and MJ Stevens is all packed up) goto Johnny Manhatan's in Hubertus. Only about a 10 or 15 minute ride from the fair grounds.

Here is a small write up...

Johnny Manhattan's
The fish fry ($8.95) is fish fry in the traditional Wisconsin sense: all-you-can-eat fried cod with the classic accompaniments. The curtain opened with fresh mayo-based coleslaw and pasta salad with tuna, red onion and celery. Then warm, moist rye bread. The fish came with choice of fries; sugar-dashed potato pancakes with applesauce; or warm German potato salad. The fish made a bee-line from the oil to our table courtesy of our outgoing, accommodating server. The flaky, mild cod was coated in a tasty batter that kept its crunch straight through to the moist fish. Our conversation tapered to monosyllables of agreement as we worked through our (second) plates. Note: JM's popularity had our party of three spending close to an hour at the bar (reservations accepted for eight or more). Fri 4-10 p.m. 3718 Hubertus Rd., Hubertus, 262-628-7700.

Mader's

Wenever I'm in Milwaukee (or close) Mader's it is....8:00 reservation on Saturday PM

Lets bump this back to the top.

Any more last minute suggestions?

Back