• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gerbing Dealers

I've bought all my Gerbing gear direct from Gerbing. Pricing is pretty much a wash, and I've gotten great customer service from them each time.

I ordered my jacket liner and gloves online, followed their directions for measurements, (had my wife measure me as they instructed) and the fit was perfect.

RocketCowboy said:
I've bought all my Gerbing gear direct from Gerbing.

Same here, but their $19.50 shipping charges are way out to lunch, for what, a one pound package!!! :mad I'll be taking it up with them.

Cripes, it didn't cost me that to ship a pair of BMW System cases and mounts to the same address that weighed tons more.

GlobalRider said:
Same here, but their $19.50 shipping charges are way out to lunch, for what, a one pound package!!! :mad I'll be taking it up with them.

Cripes, it didn't cost me that to ship a pair of BMW System cases and mounts to the same address that weighed tons more.

Does it cost more to send stuff across the border? Just wondering.

Cross-border shipping

cjack said:

There is usually a brokerage charge on top of the shipping charge. Now you know why we Canadians are buying so much at the rallies? Much cheaper to buy and carry or ship it back ourselves.

Holly

cjack said:

No, this is shipped stateside. Using the UPS calculator for Ground, 1# costs $8.08 and 2# costs $9.18. Gerbing's stated that they based the shipping charges on the amount on the invoice, yet I'm sure if I ordered a bunch of nickle and dime stuff that weighed a ton, I'm sure I'd get charged the actual shipping charges.

Considering they are making full pop on their manufactured product instead of wholesaling it to one of their authorized dealers, they could have included free shipping or charged me actual shipping costs.

picking up on the post from global rider

There are some companies out there who want you to buy from a distributor.They support their distribution network by charging a huge amount on shipping, even though the price of the product may be the same.

For example, I know of a police department that want to buy 14 stun guns and was looking to cut costs. The department contacted the stun gun company directly bypassing their local rep. The company quoted, and tacked on an astronomical shipping charge big enough to choke a horse.

Bottom line: please deal with the local rep, it will be cheaper in the long run, and you get better service.

I just recently dealt with Gerbings via their website and can attest to the fact, from the automatic e-mail receipt to the follow-through customer service call (to ensure that questions submitted with my order were answered), that they're totally on the ball and value their customers and clientele.

I'll be getting some heated gear soon and I'll be going with these guys
Warm-N'-Safe
heard nothing but good things about them from Advrider where they seem to preferr them over Gerbing and if your a member of Advrider you get a discount.

DarkCloud said:
Which dealership has a competent sales staff that you would suggest? I am two hours south of Chicago.

JON

I have had good luck with Freedom Cycle on the South Side of South Bend, IN US31 and Bypass. They have a good inventory.

k75karol said:
Sooo. Jack, why didn't you tell them Twin City BMW is now stocking it too?? :stick

I did in a PM. I see that Twin City is now on the Gerbings dealer list too. Good.

I called my local Gerbing rep, asking if they had everything is stock, sonce I wanted to just walk in and buy it (Impatient. I wanted to make usre the stuff was wanted I would need my my bike with the connectors and what not. And it was getting cold). They said they had it all. Different sizes. Come on in. So I did.

They had jacket liners in all sizes. 3 pairs of pants liners, in very strange sizes. No dual controllers. Only xxxl gloves.

When I asked they just said they would order what I wanted. Whe I remarked on the phone call all I got was a shrug. They are the only dealer in the area.

Unless you count the H-D dealers, who have everything in stock, right on the shelves. More expensive than the other dealer, but still cheaper than online. And I do have an extra MOA patch.

I happened to be visiting my friend in Milwaukee last April and he took me to the local BMW dealer where they had a ton of them in every size. I thought of buying one there since I could try them on for size, but summer was coming and I thought it could wait. I'm now kicking myself for not getting one there.

Anyhow, you might give them a call since it's an important item in that neck of the woods and they certainly have a good selection of sizes.

xsPain said:
I called my local Gerbing rep, asking if they had everything is stock, sonce I wanted to just walk in and buy it (Impatient. I wanted to make usre the stuff was wanted I would need my my bike with the connectors and what not. And it was getting cold). They said they had it all. Different sizes. Come on in. So I did.

They had jacket liners in all sizes. 3 pairs of pants liners, in very strange sizes. No dual controllers. Only xxxl gloves.

When I asked they just said they would order what I wanted. Whe I remarked on the phone call all I got was a shrug. They are the only dealer in the area.

Unless you count the H-D dealers, who have everything in stock, right on the shelves. More expensive than the other dealer, but still cheaper than online. And I do have an extra MOA patch.

Part of this is that it's that time of the year. My BMW dealer had everything in stock a week ago. Ran out of a lot and reordered last weekend. Can get it from the west coast in three days.
Maybe the HD riders don't need much heated clothing.
Is the stuff Gerbing makes for HD the same stuff...sizes and all?

cjack said:
Is the stuff Gerbing makes for HD the same stuff...sizes and all?

Yes. I went to a BMW dealer in Seattle and bought a pair of the gloves there. No one mentioned that I MIGHT want a controller or an on/off switch. Burned my hands on the way home.

I happened to be at the HD shop, which is two blocks from where I work. They had all different sizes of jacket and pant liners AND they gave me a 20% discount on two sets along with two dual controllers. (BMW wouldn't budge on the price) The jackets and pants also came with on/off switches. And they didn't charge me for the BMW style adapter either. The only difference between the HD version and the plain vanilla Gerbing version is the HD has three or four HD labels on them and the jacket pockets zip up. The standard Gerbing pockets don't. The little leather pouch for the controller has an HD clasp on it, which you can't remove unless you want to replace the whole magnetic clasp button.

Dee

Back