• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What medical emergency gear do you take with you?

First Aide equipment

CaptRehkopf said:
I am trying to pack a medical emergency kit and was wonder what everybody else carried in theirs?

First aide kit kind of depends on how you intend to use it.

If you are a trained EMT I would expect your kit would be more extensive than a simple store bought first aide kit.

Since I am not an EMT I just carry a simple first aide kit with bandages, band aides, tape etc..

my $.02 worth

Roy

roy said:
If you are a trained EMT I would expect your kit would be more extensive than a simple store bought first aide kit.

I am a trained paramedic and carry a simple, store-bought first aid kit.

Okay, I don't have all the tools I might have at my job, but I have enough to do my thing until others arrive. And I can't find a longboard small enough for a side case.

And a cell phone. Even if it is unactivated it can call 911. The time from the incident to the victem reaching the hospital is the most important factor regarding outcome.

On the cell phone idea...

Do not tuck it in the tankbag. The phone needs to be within reach if you and the bike... separate.
Also, if your arm/hand is injured, an inside pocket may be hard to get at.

iRene said:
On the cell phone idea...
Do not tuck it in the tankbag. The phone needs to be within reach if you and the bike... separate.
Also, if your arm/hand is injured, an inside pocket may be hard to get at.
Ok, no on the tank bag, no on the pocket.
So what your saying is you should get the Verizon Cochlear Implant? :laugh

I once dropped my K11LT at a mid mountain scenic vista. My phone was in the left bag which was firmly planted in the dirt. Not sure it would have worked there anyway...

I think that what iRene is saying is put it in an outside pocket. I would modify that though, depending on how waterproof the pockets are.

Also, don't put anything in your pockets (or under your gear) that you wouldn't want to have jammed against your flesh really hard.

Back