• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ortlieb DryBag Saddlebags

U

userw5

I have found a few threads here related to the Ortlieb bags, but none specifically address the saddlebags.

I'm looking for some bags for my Rockster. The BMW System Cases, and the various aluminum panniers all look ok, but I don't think they look right on a Rockster. Plus I got a little sticker shock when I saw some of the prices.

I thought either of these might fit. I do not do a lot of touring, but would like something for commuting and occasional weekend trips. Anyone have any experience with either of these or a similiar product? Anyone have them on an R1150R w/ pics? Pros/Cons?

http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?productid=16158

http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?productid=16156

Thanks,
Jeff

I think I've got the wider ones. I've used them on my R80G/S a few times and like them. They're good quality and look good too - sort of a different european kind of look - not like american iron at all! I think I did a six hundred mile, three-day trip on the 90S also and they worked well there as well.

In addition to being waterproof, they are very flexible in the way they mount. I have a set that I have "dry mounted" to a Moto Guzzi, a Duc 750SS, a 650 Cagiva Elefant and an F650. The bags served my s.o. quite well on a 3500 mile tour last May/June on her Duc 750SS. (Go ahead and tell her, "You can't TOUR on a Ducati." Her 750SS is approaching 100k miles.) There is no discernable wear to the bags. I would buy this product again.

A little late, but I'm new here........

We have two sets of the larger size dry bags. I LOVE them! So far, I've only used them on my Shadow, Rebel and Triumph. They've got about 20K miles on them and still look new. I do grocery shopping with them, I've taken shrubberies home from Home Depot with them (that got some looks), and they'll hold a 100ft 'reel' of garden hose on one side and three gallons of milk on the other and still have room to spare. You don't have to carry rain covers, you can hose them down and the inside stays dry. Reflective patch on the back is nice, wish it was a bit bigger. Can't say enough good things about them, Ortileb has some wonderful stuff.

Back