• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Acronyms For Newbies

SFDOC said:
DILLIGAF

or

DILLIGAS

Do I Look Like I Give A _______

Not used here but you may see it in those other forums... :doh

I had a friend who actually named his construction business IDGAF. FWIW he rode a harley. :laugh

Munchy said:
That is usually followed by "but..." indicating the speaker/writer is not a lawyer but, by God, they sure think they know what they are talking about and you'd better damn well listen to their diatribe...

As soon as I hear "I am not a lawyer..." my ears close. :nyah

--Doug (a lawyer, but I don't play one on TV) :dance

I knew it... A Lawyer. :wave

Dave H
San Antonio, Tx

NTTAWT - Not that there's anything wrong with that

And, for the vintage crowd, there's

PO - previous owner (the guy who broke/misassembled/ruined/stripped everything)

and dPO is my extension, darling Previous Owner, in the same sense that RTFM is read the fine manual.

Don't forget the never optimistic logo of the 1% er "FTW".

F... The World

Easy
Kerrville, Texas :german

"Neurotics build castles in the air, psychotics live in them. My mother cleans them."
Rita Rudner

Besides SWMBO -

There's

SO - Significant Other
GF - Girl Friend
BF - Boy Friend

And of Course Everyone Asks what GS stands for - Gelande (Trail) Strasse (Road)

SFDOC said:
Besides SWMBO -

There's

SO - Significant Other
GF - Girl Friend
BF - Boy Friend

Awright! YGAJMTU - You guys are just making this up

SFDOC said:
Besides SWMBO -

There's

SO - Significant Other
GF - Girl Friend
BF - Boy Friend

ok for the GS but then what does the RT stand for?????

This is nuts

Some folks mumble, others simply can't right words so they just use letters. In order to understand all this krap one must go to night school.

:dance

GeneT said:
Some folks mumble, others simply can't right words so they just use letters. In order to understand all this krap one must go to night school.

:dance

FWIW, I have to agree with Gene. These acronyns are BS! People who need them should learn normal english ASAP. ;)

In Texas, BBQ is not an acronym!
Exactly.

If the sign says 'barbeque,' keep riding.

If the sign says 'bar-b-que' or 'bar-b-q,' keep riding unless there are a healthy bunch of vehicles parked around the place.

If the sign says 'bbq,' stop immediately and eat to your heart's content.

This applies in several other states/regions as well. Ask around.

FIB - When used by a person from Wisconsin to describe a person from Illinois:

F Illinois B

F translates the same as before, and the B is an illegitimate child.

I guess since we got off the MOA (Motorcycle Owners of America for those that forgot.) forum short-cuts

We could include other acronyms from around the web/text world.

CDI - It a factor that many men try hard to find and some just have it. You can buy it, wear it, or smell it, but you have to maintain it at great cost to keep it.

Any ideas?

wombat - waste of money, brains, and time

Courtesy of NPR

Cube-Speak - Read the story and then click the link at the bottom for translation.

Munchy said:
That is usually followed by "but..." indicating the speaker/writer is not a lawyer but, by God, they sure think they know what they are talking about and you'd better damn well listen to their diatribe...

As soon as I hear "I am not a lawyer..." my ears close. :nyah

--Doug (a lawyer, but I don't play one on TV) :dance

Well I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night... :D

Back