• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Acronyms For Newbies

boxergrrlie said:
Ahh! I was way off on all of my guesses. :)

:laugh

I guess there would be an opposite "GDI or DDI" :dunno

Because most guys or dudes dig it when chicks ride bikes. :thumb

Which would make a new one

CTRB - Chicks That Ride Bikes :dance

(I mean no disrespect to women has a whole when I use the term "Chicks". It's just been around as long as I have or longer) :buds

A Fitting Acronym

and there are others:

BMW - Bitch Moan Whine (or maybe that's just the owners) :banghead

:laugh :laugh :laugh

(There I just broke my birth year of posts 1962, now 1963)

CRS...... AW nuts! I can't think about what it means, I used to know.........

Can't remember stuff

'Smore Military/Aviation acro's

Aviation weather (WX) has its own language.......make no mistake though, if it's real foggy, and the ole airdrome is pretty quiet, it's:

EBAW: Even the Birds are walking..............

When a flight of several military aircraft get into some really nasty weather, and a pilot decides he's had enough of this....it is appropriate to call:

KMAG YOYO over the flight frequency.............

"Kiss my a$$ guys, you're on your own...................

sorry.................had to throw 'em in :usa

Speaking of Military Acronyms

Tango Uniform. Short for TU, which really means **** Up.

Usage: My RID went tango uniform the other day, so now I don't know what gear I'm in.

omgwtfbbq.jpg

Way back before the widespread availability of high speed internet, forums, and pervasive spam there was usenet. The denizens of that era spent much time discussing various motorcycle related topics on rec.moto

An often discussed topic was the virtual 'net club known as the DoD

Much ado was made about knowing the name and one had to contact the KoTL (keeper of the list) in order to obtain a membership number.
If one enquired about the identify of the KoTL, the many (thousands) of the helpful folks would kindly send you an e-mail of the FAQ (frequently
asked questions). Electronic mailboxes would quickly overfill.

That's interesting, since most of that site is NOT work safe. :heh

That's right! I was surprised it still is viewable with our SuperSecretSocialDeciding Filter set so high. Usually we get the DANGER Screen

Oh, and a very politically correct site:whistle IMHO FWIW and whateva!

Back