• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Winter Gloves?

Cycloak Closeout

I just purchased a pair of their Gloves from "Motorcycle Closeouts". I have a pair of First Gear summer mesh gloves I bought that are great for summer, but I needed something for the rain and cold. These GT Pro gloves are great quality. There Gore-Tex lined, Kevlar Reinforced Cordura, leather(brushed), with rubberized finger tips, and thier lined with Thinsulate. Velcroe wrist strap and a decent sized over cuff. I've tried a lot of simmilar gloves, but I'm glad I prosrastinated because these are $80-$100 gloves that I paid $35 w/ shipping !!! The only thing is their Large were snug on me, so if you have long fingers they might not fit you. (Thats the only size they have) Luckily mine fit me perfectly.

Moving from AZ to MI, I decided on Marsee Gloves. They work well year round, and the warmth from the heated grips is felt. They're also waterproof. One pair for all year.

I have a couple of pair hein gericke concords (which have done well for me for many yrs,...but then bought a pair of Motoport polar AX .......these are great gloves!!!! Very impressed!!!

Marty, I live and ride in the Eastern Sierra, and have tried many combinations of gloves and mitts over the years. Gloves need to be Goretex or some other windproof, breathable fabric. As much insulation as you can get. Heavy mountaineering ski gloves and quality snowmobile gloves work. But they should be articulated designs so they bend easily. A wind break in front of your hands makes a critical difference in core temp. Below about 20 degrees, though, only a heavy, multilayered mitton set up will keep you warm. I have new heated hand grips and don't think much of them. Warm palms and cold fingers and thumb. Good luck.

Back