• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RS54 information

V

VANZEN

Just got an interesting mail from one Tom Bridgers.
Seems he is the proud owner of one of the hand-built by Heinrich "Henry" Dirrigl DOHC RS 54 replica boxer engines - only two of these were made.

He is looking for information about the FRAME/CHASSIS that the RS54 was equipped and raced with from the Factory. My research has not found any images of the RS54 with tank and seat removed to "understand" the construction of the frame, let alone any of the dimensions.
If anyone would have such an image, or information regarding specifics, dimensions, or construction of this frame, factory drawings,
or any sources or leads to find such information, please contact me.
thanks in advance.

vanzen

Rs 54

Hello,
In the French magazine BoxRMag No 12 Sept-Oct 06 there is a full article of 8 pages on the RS 54 history and evolution through years along with close pictures. Depending where you are located you might be able to locate a copy of the mag.
Yvon
Montr?®al

Interesting. I'm in the Detroit Mi.
Close to Canada - but a long way from Montreal - and access to "BoxRMag No 12 Sept-Oct 06".

Google search for "BoxRMag" and "BoxRMag No 12 Sept-Oct 06 No 12 Sept-Oct 06" gives me nada.

any info you could pass on about the magazine could be helpful.

Possibly there is another approach to take to your search. Find a scale mode.

RS54_FrntLft.jpg

More images are available here.

These are pictures of a model found on the Kimshouse website. Trouble is its in Japanese.

It is a 1/9 model made by Protar SNC Model Co. I could not find a model that was available. I did find Phoenix-Model. They deal in Protar models and may be able to help you locate one.

I also found this contact information for the company in Italy. They may be willing to help.

Good luck this looks very interesting.

Back