• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Montana windsheild

K

kaseydoolin

The wife and I recently purchased a pair of R-1200CM's equipped with the Montana windsheild. The problem is wind buffeting. I am somewhat taller than the "Little Woman ", but the buffeting and wind noise are about the same. The wind seems to be drawn down from the top of my helmet, shutting my visor. Has any one tried the BMW "Touring Windsheild" (it is shaped somewhat different than the Montana's) or any of the aftermarket?

Kasey, the regular BMW windshields are more egg-shaped and don't provide as much coverage across the top of the windshield. You may also find that the buffetting is coming from around the edges of the tank front; I think this is due to how the design tries to push as much air as possible through the oil cooler vents to each side of the tank.

The R1200C forum at www.chromeheads.org has a Tech section and a Product Info section with windshield topics. The aftermarket options and the modifications that people have made are interesting to read. There is a For Sale section, too, where you may find a used Aeroflow or other aftermarket shield.

Back