• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1150Rt, Got a Cee Bailey w/screen, Want to try a Vstream.

oldhway

2 Wheeled Troubador
Has anyone used the Ztechnik Vstream windshield on an 1150RT? I have a Cee Bailey +3" #2 euroscreen and although it's better than stock, I still get a lot of wind roar. I haven't found any ear plugs that are comfortable and would rather not wear any, so I'm looking for a quieter windshield. I'm 6' and the Cee Bailey still seems noisy. If anyone has tried the Vstream (or any other)I'd love to hear how it worked specifically for quieting the wind noise. i always look over the top of the screen when riding so sound is the issue i'm interested in (starting to sound like a note from the department of redundancy department here).Thanks...

I also have Cee Bailey #2 screen and I tried the VStream for the same reason. I purchased a VStreeam last month with mixed results. The VSteam took a lot of wind off my shoulders and arms. However, I think the CB (especially the Euro) does a better job of deflecting the airflow over my head. I felt like the VStream gave me more buffeting off the top of the helmet. To really get things quiet I had to raise the VStream to a point I was looking through it and, like you, I prefer being able to look over the screen (as the Cee Bailey allows). I am 5' 10" with a 32" inseam for reference/comparison. The VStream appears to be good quailty, but the holes on mine were too small to fit my 1150RT. I bought the VStream through a dealer and they called Ztechnik and apparently a few got through the manufacturing process with smaller than intended holes. The dealer enlarged the holes which were in the correct place so fit on the bike was fine. I am reluctant to say anything negative about the VStream. I think it may simply be a matter of preference (like helmets or tires). If the VStream had the Euro's lip it would be an awesome screen...for me anyway.

vstream mixed feelings

I too bought the vstream for my 1150RT, replacing standard BMW shield. see thread "replacement windshield R1150RT" for responses.

KS

Back