• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1100R auxillary lights

RGVILLA

anyone have any suggestions for auxillary lights for my roadster? I like the headlamp fine, but would like more light up front, and in back. Sort of like a wanna be GS :)

I have had a set of PIAA 1100s on my '96 roadster for about 8 years now. I run the PIAA 85 watt bulbs, which is what they came with. I have been extremely pleased. They mount to the stems for the front turn signals. I run with them on all the time. I actually ride very little at night, but, when I do, they provide a great deal of light to the sides and further down the road. Except for replacing bulbs, they have been trouble free for more than 60K. I also run a 85/100 H4 headlight bulb through an Eastern Beaver relay. I have the PIAAs aimed low and have never have an on coming driver complain. I would recommend this set up to anyone with a roadster. I have Motolights on my '04 RT. I also run them fulltime. They provide a good daytime signature, but don't do the job the PIAAs do at night. I am running the stock headlight in the RT. Others have raised heat issues if you push the wattage.

Ditto on the motolights. They are cool looking and very effective, both for lighting the way and conspicuity. I have them with caliper mounts on my R1150R. Installed myself in a couple of hours with no trouble; great instructions and support from the company. Pricey, but I got over it and I'm glad I bought them. Truly a case of "you get what you pay for" here.

recently installed Motolites with the optional 50 watt bulb(stock is 35 watt) on my girlfriends roadster
You can see this baby coming at you now. I have a set on my 1200 RT and both bikes enjoy HyperLites in the rear with the strobe effect then solid lights setup. hers has the 3 mounted on the license frame, mine are on each side of bracket
Also have the running light option on the roadster with clear lenses and yellow bulbs...a very nice look :dance

keep em rollin'

Back