• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K12GT Baby

Picked her up two weeks a go. The more I ride her the more I want to. RCU bar risers and the Lip make her just right. Crusing at 80 on the interstate I have the windshield about 1/3 up from bottom and helmet pressure is balanced. Before the Lip all the way up was almost right with no room for fine tuning. Also, as speed increased I found my self lowering the shield a touch. The Laminar Lip really works. This machine is the nicest thing I have ever owned. All though I'm usually riding her, later on in the evening I can sit in a lawn chair downing some brew and just behold her beauty. What lines!

Stopped by the local accessory bike shop/hang out and the owner (rides a road glide) spilled out the door with all the other customers in tow. One guy quietly all most reverently stated that's not just a motorcycle, that's a machine. Wow!

Attachments

• dscn0564.jpg
    dscn0564.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 455
Congrats on the new bike

Sure looks sweet! I'd love one, myself. I think the negative reviews come from the crowd that thinks a great bike needs to excel in one catagory. What happened to a bike that does everything well? I've heard the K-GT compared to a Honda CBR1100XX with a shaft and factory luggage. I consider that a compliment. It wasn't too many years ago that the XX was top dog!

MarkF

k1200gt.jpg

fish said:
Blackbird: 136bhp at the rear wheel and 492.0 pounds. KRS/KGT doesn't match up.

I stand corrected. Well they both have integrated brakes. Honda missed the boat with the XX. If they offered factory luggage it would have predated the other Japanese super-sport tourers.

MarkF

Congrates on the new K12GT. I picked mine up the end of July and I to can't get enough miles on her. You talked about the bar risers and the Lip? What is the Lip and where do find this accessory. For me the wind shield at the highest position gives me buffeting I can do without, so I'm interested in what you call the lip. As to the handbar risers , in the cold weather I'm afraid I'll get even more wind on the hands.

Before I picked up my New K12 I had the dealer install the RS oval mirrors which fit perfectly on the GT and give even better visability for the disapearing bikes in the rear. They also look much better, at least for me.

Just besure the bike is parked for the night before you enjoy to many brews....

What happened to a bike that does everything well?

they already have one;
it's called a "GS".

:bliss

The Lip

Blue Rider said:
Congrates on the new K12GT. I picked mine up the end of July and I to can't get enough miles on her. You talked about the bar risers and the Lip? What is the Lip and where do find this accessory. For me the wind shield at the highest position gives me buffeting I can do without, so I'm interested in what you call the lip. As to the handbar risers , in the cold weather I'm afraid I'll get even more wind on the hands.

Before I picked up my New K12 I had the dealer install the RS oval mirrors which fit perfectly on the GT and give even better visability for the disapearing bikes in the rear. They also look much better, at least for me.

Just besure the bike is parked for the night before you enjoy to many brews....

The LaminarLip.

http://www.laminarlip.com/k12comfort02.jpg

http://www.laminarlip.com/

fish said:
Blackbird: 136bhp at the rear wheel and 492.0 pounds. KRS/KGT doesn't match up.

Computerized auto load sensing power assisted triple disc antilock brakes, technically superior anti-dive anti-pogo anti-maintenance silent shaft driven suspension, electrically adjustable windshield, computerized electronic cruise control with tap-up tap-down and resume features, height adjustable dual range heated seat, dual position rider foot pegs/controls, dual range heated hand grips, integrated quick detach lockable single key luggage, superior quality, superior fit and finish, best damned head light I've ever had, Sophistication all around, 3 year 36000 mile warranty, should I go on?

How about this. Pull up to the gas pump on the busa or any other generic sport bike and the fine young lady next to you doesn't even look your way.

Then pull up on the KGT or RS and the same girl states oh my, a BMW, and can't keep her eyes off it or you.

It's not about top speed or top horsepower pard. It's about sophistication, quality, and a complete integrated package.

Unyalli said:
Then pull up on the KGT or RS and the same girl states oh my, a BMW, and can't keep her eyes off it or you.

It's not about top speed or top horsepower pard. It's about sophistication, quality, and a complete integrated package.

Sounds to me like it's about the booty.

;)

I was under the impression that booty made the world go round. and that all the money in the world is spent on feeling good. ;)

Unyalli, you have a beauty there, I know when I picked up my new R1150RT, there was a new GT sitting on the floor. And it is definitely an attention-getter. K or R, they all are beautiful to me. Enjoy the bike!

Difficult Decision

Rich said:
K or R, they all are beautiful to me. Enjoy the bike!

Thanks Rich
After studying many models like the Triumph Trophy, Ducati?óÔé¼Ôäós ST?óÔé¼Ôäós, the Honda ST, Yamaha FJR, BMW RRS and others the final decision was between the RT and GT. Foothill?óÔé¼Ôäós BMW allowed a back to back test ride and the GT edged out the RT for me.

Back