• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Flea Market - bugs to work out

crazydrummerdude

advrider.com
Go search bikes (or anything) by price, you'll see that it lists them, like:
$10,500
$1,100
$11,500
$1,250
$22,700
$2,400
$3,000

and in the "Manage Ads" page, it tells me I have 1 ad, but won't actually show it.

Consider it constructive criticism to avoid complaints in the future when that section really gains popularity.

Thanks. Final bugs are being sorted out.

p.s. e-mail or PM is perhaps the better venue for any concerns or complaints.

:banghead

I wrote to you 3 times now asking how I can 're-instate' ads I had running before the Summer. ( I wrote individual emails to comments@ )

I look on the webpage under manage and the ads are no longer there.
gone !

Do I have to put all the ads in AGAIN?

That would be a lot of work. ( new pictures, etc )

I had them 'on hold' for the Summer riding season, but now they could be active.

I appreciate a note back.
Thanks

Hans :violin

As stated in the FAQ, ads expire unless renewed.

Please send e-mails to webmaster@, or, if you like, scott@. The former is sifted, as possible, by other members of our small staff.

Thanks for you email.
Well, they SHOULD 'NOT' expire, there should be an option to run them again.

That is exactly what is wrong with the set up.
Right now they are gone. So I have to post them again ( items did not sell )
or due to Travel, Vatations, etc they were put on hold.

A nice feature would be:
Hold ( yes, they will NOT be seen by others ) but I can renew them.

Or.... Cancel ad..... I changed my mind and they are gone.

Right now, YOU tell me they are gone even so I just travelled.

see the difference ?

Thanks

Hans

Hans,

I appreciate the suggestions. It is standard procedure on many if not most on-line classifieds for ads to expire as those who post an ad may or may not bother to come back and remove it - long after an ad has lost any relevancy.

hansomat said:

Thanks for you email.
Well, they SHOULD 'NOT' expire, there should be an option to run them again.

That is exactly what is wrong with the set up.
Right now they are gone. So I have to post them again ( items did not sell )
or due to Travel, Vatations, etc they were put on hold.

A nice feature would be:
Hold ( yes, they will NOT be seen by others ) but I can renew them.

Or.... Cancel ad..... I changed my mind and they are gone.

Right now, YOU tell me they are gone even so I just travelled.

see the difference ?

Thanks

Hans

Hans,
Good suggestion. One of the problems every on-line marketplace list faces is the accumulation of old ads. People place them and then forget to clear them once the item sells. Not only does that take up space, but it frustrates shoppers who call on an item only to find out it was sold weeks ago. The flip side of this issue are the items which never sell. For some reason there are no takers. Sometimes it works to run such a listing again, but after twice, the seller needs to be thinking about making a change - usually price, but something.

We'll take a good look at "relist" option along what you describe. Could be a nice addition for both buyers and sellers. Thanks!

To offset any nitpicking, I just sold a fairing on the flea market, and I'm happy (and I think the other party is, too). Thanks for the opportunity to use this resource.

The flea market rocks.

I have sold two items, bought 1, and am looking for others on the flea market and it has been great!. That a mostly volunteer org. offers this is very cool. i'm sure the bugs will be worked out but so far guys and gals... Great Job!!!! :D

First stop each day - Flea Market

I had a few very nice conversations and emails with someone that I bought a Tank Bag from on the Flea Market. Consider it another avenue to meet people with similiar interestes. FYI, I really like the tank bag! :usa

Speed is back!!!

So I think Scott has been up to something as the MOA Flea Market is much faster this past week. Nice going :thumb

How do I

Not sure if this is the right place to post, there is a listing on the classifieds that I want to buy. I am not getting a response from the lister. They have listed 4? things, I've tried e-mails and PM's, but no response. Am I doing it wrong?

Not pinging on the board, just wondering... :lurk

Last edited:
Sounds like you are doing it right. How long have you been waiting for a response? WIth the holiday fast approaching the seller might be travelling...

BradfordBenn said:
Sounds like you are doing it right. How long have you been waiting for a response? WIth the holiday fast approaching the seller might be travelling...

PM sent

Only been a day or 2. No biggie, just wondering maybe I missed something.
Having this all on-line (Forum and flea mkt) is GREAT!! Thanks MOA! :D :bikes

Trouble pulling up Flea Market

About half the time I try to get into the Flea Market, all I get is a blank screen. Sometimes it helps to go to the home page first, other times (like today) nothing I do will get me into the Flea Market. Any ideas would be appreciated.

bbenton said:
About half the time I try to get into the Flea Market, all I get is a blank screen. Sometimes it helps to go to the home page first, other times (like today) nothing I do will get me into the Flea Market. Any ideas would be appreciated.

What browser and operating system are you using? I am getting in no problem at the moment so I am a little stumped.

BradfordBenn said:
What browser and operating system are you using? I am getting in no problem at the moment so I am a little stumped.

Now I get to show my real computer illiteracy. I have Internet Explorer running through Windows XP home. Is that the information you were asking for?

BradfordBenn said:
Yup. Hmm same thing I am working on. I might need to ask for more help... :banghead

My best guess is that it might be a security setting, or running security app, preventing the creation of the session and thus the rest of the page.

At school, a few pages would do that exact thing. Running XP and IE. I could zoom through almost all the pages I wanted to, but there would be a page or two it would keep doing it on. Especially so was an ad for a $1000 airhead in Colorado a month or two ago, I think.

Back