• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fall riding gear

wanderer

Just passin through
The weather is starting to cool. In the high country, the Gerbing plug is kept close at hand. The morning sun peeks through the window a wee bit later each day.

Soooo , my HT Overpants have seen better days and probably should be replaced this season. What I'm thinking is, why can't I find a SELECTION of 1 piece riding suits??? A Roadcrafter is not a "selection." I know many people here are dearly attached to their Roadcrafters but another large group has often said they leak in your lap. Many have also said the Roadcrafter is a commuter suit and was never designed for day after day foul weather riding. Ron Ayres mentioned in his book that First Gear (or Inter..whatever Corp.) gave/sold him a 1 piece all weather armored riding suit. I have never seen one by them offered.

Can anyone here give me a lead on an all weather, armored, removable liner, Goretex (or equalivent) ONE PIECE riding suit ???? Seems to me that it would be easier to peel on and off than any 2 piece set up. After all, that's one of the most sited examples of the benefit of the Roadcrafter. If I sound anti-Roadcrafter, I'm really not. I just think I've heard most of the pros and cons of the product but have heard almost nothing about any other choices. Are there any other choices?? :bikes

Have you checked out BMW clothing? Not cheap,but very functional and super quality and function. While they may not have a one piece suit, often many of the pants and jackets have a zipper to connect the two if that's important.

Can't say I agree with the ease of getting a one piece suit off. Other than track day, it's hard for me to understand the need for a one piece suit for riding or touring. You pull into a restaurant to eat or want to use a rest room at a gas station and you have to let the top dangle to the floor. . .and that's just talking going number one.

Back