• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Huge major complaint!!!!

The voice of the disenchanted will be heard loud and clear. Those who had a good time and chose not to post (possibly over 9000) will not be heard.

The rally was great and the people terrific. We, my wife and I, like to volunteer at rallies. If you cannot give back, 2 shifts of 3 hours, how can you truly have fun at a rally.

To those who whine about this and that - TOUGH COOKIES! Let me complain about your Rally.

Just think that half a world away people were bombing each other while we were having fun.

snoone said:
I am with you.. I think I want to complain about the outstanding day of riding I had today along the Delaware River. It was beautiful. No I mean it sucked. I think I'm going to resign my ride. Bowling seems like a nice alternative
:(

I guess the complainers in this club could be known as Bee MOAners! :doh

Do the math

R80RTJohnny sums it up.

Do the math

9200 rally participants plus or minus a few

BMWers about 20 - TOPS

20/9200 = .002174

I think that reads 2 tenths of one percent.

Get out and ride now because Time Is Growing Short

Would love to see something like that for the next rally.

Let me first say that this was my first MOA rally and I was impressed by what the army of volunteers accomplished and would like to thank them for making this happen for the rest of us. As for all of the complaining I think I have a solution:

If you did not like something or think something could be better then volunteer!!!

There is no one size fits all rally. I have never found an all purpose thing that did anything well. So here are a couple of suggestions:

Crappy Tee Shirt Guys, Why donÔÇÖt you design the shirt for 2007? If you donÔÇÖt have the artistic ability then find someone who does. You could hold a MOA Tee Shirt design contest. The winning artist will have the honor of their name adorning 10,000 rally shirts, How cool would that be?

Early camping at the rally site guys, You have a valid point but I donÔÇÖt think you have considered the logistics. Early camping for members that registered in advance is possible early camping for unregistered members would require more volunteers. Maybe the site could be opened at noon on Wednesday for early camping. I am sure the rally committee will welcome you with open arms.

The same goes for the rest of the complaints. As for me I would rather spend my time looking at maps and drooling over the possibilities.

PS My first stop at the 2007 rally will be the volunteer tent.

Another BMWMOAner Makes a Stink

While camping at Lake Carmi I was at one point chased from my campsite by a skunk. This skunk was not wearing a wristband and I am sure its presence was completely unauthorized, although the little guy sort of looked like a vintage BMW (you know, black with white coach lining). In any case, no mention of a skunk was made in BMW ON or in any of the pre-rally literature. I am holding the BMWMOA solely responsible for this outrage. ;)

Back