Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: the "Tire Nazi"

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar

the "Tire Nazi"

"oh yeah - the Tire Nazi should also tell people up front that they should remove their own wheels - otherwise the work won't be done." - daver90s

Well said D, I could have saved myself a lot of time and stress with a little upfront warning. That said, I really liked Rob, and he worked his ass off. But to work that hard and STILL have dissatisfied customers (I wasn't the only one, I ran into a guy on Saturday morning who had brought his bike over for tires early on Thursday morning with nothing happening except for his bike being moved around) means that there is a BIG problem in the business plan or organization.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

I mentioned it in another thread, but I have to agree that his organizational skills leave a lot to be desired. That, and he seemed to be more interested in lecturing on tires than installing them. I thought his last name might be Goodyear, Firestone, Metzler, or something similar.

At least I got a chance to wrench on a bike other than my own.

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar
    I appreciated you & Dave helping me out with that.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

bensonhurst

Rally vendors

Poor customer care and high prices were the norm.
    I found ALL the vendors were there to get rich, and somewhat less than customer oriented.
    $2.50 for a bottle of water.
    I've been to MANY motorcycle gatherings and swap meets (including Stafford England every year), this was the worst.

The price was high,took mine down at 8 saturday morning,had it ready by noon,he took the wheels off himself.being he was the only tire vendor I didn't expect him to be done any quicker.Seems I remember 3 or 4 tire vendors at Lima.Why only one this year?I to did not see any bargains at any vendor,didn't expect any.
    Last edited by eddie; 08-03-2006 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie
    The price was high,took my down at 8 saturday morning,had it ready by noon,he took the wheels off himself.being he was the only tire vendor I didn't expect him to be done any quicker.Seems I remember 3 or 4 tire vendors at Lima.Why only one this year?I to did not see any bargains at any vendor,didn't expect any.
    Dang, Eddie. John and I wish we'd known you were there. We trailered our new, little Yamahas and spent much time working the rally (John, at least, got to go on the GS ride). Sorry we missed you.

BUBBAZANETTI
    i had some rubber brought up to me by my gf (stuff i'd HOPED was going to be delivered before the rally) on friday night. i had talked to robert earlier in the week but when i saw how very swamped he was i took my tires to the "no mar" display inside. i took my bike apart in the woods where i was camped and put it back together there. the "no mar" was very impressive and i might consider going in on one with a few friends...............

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bensonhurst
    Poor customer care and high prices were the norm.
    I found ALL the vendors were there to get rich, and somewhat less than customer oriented.
    $2.50 for a bottle of water.
    I've been to MANY motorcycle gatherings and swap meets (including Stafford England every year), this was the worst.
    The price of bottle water was not under the MOA's jurisdiction, those were done by the local vendors. Typically the water is $1 a bottle. Unfortunately we were not allowed to sell soft drinks at the rally, there were even problems with coffee as Rob has mentioned previously.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Water was $1.00 a bottle in the beer tent and O'Doules was FREE...

Hey Brad, where are the forum frenzy pics?
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005

Quote Originally Posted by BMWGypsy
    Dang, Eddie. John and I wish we'd known you were there. We trailered our new, little Yamahas and spent much time working the rally (John, at least, got to go on the GS ride). Sorry we missed you.

Stacey,I did wonder about you guys.I was looking for the V-Stroms.Would have really like to have ran into y'all.Julie bid on and got a different job a few months before the rally and they wouldn't let her have two weeks off as planned.I rode up and back with a friend.Would have been great to see the two of you.Tell John we said hello.
    Last edited by eddie; 08-03-2006 at 10:58 AM.

Hi, All,
    I have been to 2 National rallys - 1991 in Flafstaff and 1999 in Rhinebeck. I told myself after Flagstaff that I wouldn't attend another. I felt ripped off and did not feel comfortable there. I took my 8 yr. old daughter and could buy a beer for less than I could buy her a soft drink. Rhinebeck, to me, was much friendlier. I went there because I was already in the area visiting family. With the gripes about prices (and the excuse that MOA, the RALLY ORGANIZER, has no control over the prices), maybe the MOA SHOULD have some say on food and/or drink prices. After all, it's OUR rally. In my mind, if a beer is $1, a bottle of water or can of a soft drink should be the same anywhere on the rally grounds.
    Ride Safe,
    Phil Marvin - El Paso, TX
    '94 K75A/3
    '95 K75RTP

Quote Originally Posted by BeemoKat
    I appreciated you & Dave helping me out with that.
    As I told you, it was not an issue. It was probably one of the more interesting times I had on the rally site; I could still hear the music at the beer tent, and you know how I like to work on bikes, even if it IS just removing/re-installing wheels.

I guess that's just one of those rally things. It was annoying that the tire guy didn't get your bike done remotely close to the time you were given, but it led to an intersting evening, and I got to meet a few more people while we were over there. Everything has a silver lining!

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWPhreak

Hey Brad, where are the forum frenzy pics?
    Unfortunately I was not able to attend as I was busy counting stuff for Awards and Tally, but there should be others with photos floating around.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti
    i had some rubber brought up to me by my gf (stuff i'd HOPED was going to be delivered before the rally) on friday night. i had talked to robert earlier in the week but when i saw how very swamped he was i took my tires to the "no mar" display inside. i took my bike apart in the woods where i was camped and put it back together there. the "no mar" was very impressive and i might consider going in on one with a few friends...............
    Did you see the No Mar guy demo the mounting/unmounting of the Goldwing tire? I was mesmerized. Amazing product. Gee, BZ, if I didn't live 160 miles away from ya, I'd totally pitch-in for one!

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PHMarvin
    Hi, All,
    I have been to 2 National rallys - 1991 in Flafstaff and 1999 in Rhinebeck. I told myself after Flagstaff that I wouldn't attend another. I felt ripped off and did not feel comfortable there. I took my 8 yr. old daughter and could buy a beer for less than I could buy her a soft drink. Rhinebeck, to me, was much friendlier. I went there because I was already in the area visiting family. With the gripes about prices (and the excuse that MOA, the RALLY ORGANIZER, has no control over the prices), maybe the MOA SHOULD have some say on food and/or drink prices. After all, it's OUR rally. In my mind, if a beer is $1, a bottle of water or can of a soft drink should be the same anywhere on the rally grounds.
    We (the MOA) are only guests there. We don't own the place and those contracts and franchises are agreed to and the property of the folks who do own the place. I'm just grateful that there was no rule that you can't bring your own beverages onto the property if you wish. Although there were some restrictions.
    I noticed that at some of the ham radio hamfests the drinks are sometimes 3.75 for a coke. When you're downtown, you pay downtown prices I guess.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")