• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ozarks foothills

Tom,

Nice way to play hookey and thanks for sharing the pictures!

Ian

Dear GS Tom, Have you made it east on 90 from Jane? A thrilling road, nothing but blind, off camber curves with no road paint or signs. Also, love catching the ferry across Bullshoals and going 70mph or so on 125, works best if you blow past the 4 wheelers. Do you know if Pierce City ever recovered/rebuilt from last years twister? And whats the update on Tom Aley's endangered cave snails outside of Protem? Do you know if Mystic Caverns has reopened? You sure do live in the best part of Misery...Uh...I mean Missouri. Great roads ( if you bypass Branson)and just a skip away from Arkansas, where there are even more great roads. Miss the roads but not the neighborhood, Julie

Pierce City update

Julie, you know the area.
Yes I ride Highway 90 as often as I can from Southwest City to Washburn. It can be a wild ride as one GS rider (who shall remain anonymous) from Colorado learned this summer. After keeping up with a local rider on a KLR 650 Kaw on 90, said GS rider got off and hurled after making himself carsick on the curves. Of course it could have been the adult beverages the night before :p .

Pierce City is making a comeback after the May 4 tornado.
My oldest daughter and son-in-law, who live in Carl Junction lost their house, surviving by taking shelter in the closet which was the only thing left of their home.
I am attaching a photo of downtown Pierce City I took after they had cleaned up the debris. Three stores were all that was left.
I have a new appreciation for tornado warnings!!!

Attachments

• pierce city 1rs.jpg
    pierce city 1rs.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 74
Oh, that photo hurts! Peirce City was a an unassuming and friendly little town. I sure feel bad for all those people. I knew they were hit hard but I didn't know the whole town would be demolished. Glad to hear your family survived.

Back