• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1st time rally attendee

SPOTTYBOND

As first time rally goers, we have nothing to compare our experience with. We found everything to be very well organized, staffed, cleaned, etc...Everyone was soooo friendly and eager to share their knowledge, time and experiences. What more can you ask for. We also found the vendors and the MOA to have their products very resonabley priced. My thanks go out to all the organizers and volunteers for all their hard work to make our 1st rally such a positive experience. :thumb
As for any nay sayers...as my dad would say "They would complain if you hung them with a new rope!"

First time for me, and my son, and we had a GREAT time, even with the rain. What set it apart was the PEOPLE. I met so many great people from all over the USA and Canada, and even some in my own area I will follow up with for riding days.

No matter where we went there were people interested in who we were, how far we travelled, and always had a smile. Great stories too.

The Vermont natives were outstanding also!
Except the lady in the chinese restaurant that was severly understaffed and she was having a bad day. It's ok, the food was great.

Ok, so it rained a lot on Saturday, but that did not ruin my good time.

My first rally, loved it. Didn't have any expectations, plans, or grandiose ideas. Went with the flow, and all the high points I wanted to hit happenned... I met people I planned to try and see, did the big things I wanted to do, met some new people I hope to meet again, drank, ate, and got gnarly on the GS.

100% winner....

My first International rally and it was a blast. Saw more than a dozen people I knew and chatted with several dozen more. Well planned and executed rally.

One question - or feedback for future rallies - I heard that first timers were getting a welcome kit or something? The volunteer checking me in asked, but I never got anything special for this being my first rally.

All in all, it was definitely a great time!

Oh yeah,,, we were told to ask for the first timer package, gift, surprise, booby prize, or whatever. I don't think we ever did. We got so caught up in all the goings on that it slipped our minds and never mattered. :doh
Anyway a good time was had and all the hard work is very much appreicated.
And yes the vermont people were fantastic. As were the New Hampshire folks and Maine folks that we met along the way while we were passing through on our ways to and from.

First timers got red mugs at the Ambassador tent, with a free beverage among other little goodies..

First timer here too. I have to say I was impressed by the amount of riders there, the organization of the rally and all of the things to see and do. Very well done MOA!!!

My only gripe would be the traffic in the area. Route 2, 15 and a few others, just packed with cars. I made sure to get on the bike before 7AM to ride Route 108 - Smuggler's Notch Rd. It was worth it.

PS: I never knew of or was told about a first timer package / goodie bag. That would have been cool. Oh well...

And I'll add my comment to the thread by saying that as a first-timer, I was verily blown away by the people, first and foremost. It was a great experience, hopefully to be compounded by more of the same in the future.

dugmar said:
PS: I never knew of or was told about a first timer package / goodie bag. That would have been cool. Oh well...

When you registered you were given 4 green coupons with the welcome book.
One was a door prize number, others for the grand prizes entries, and another for a free gift at the Ambassador's tent.

I understand what you mean, I had to remember to go there, there was just so much to do with so little time...

Another first timer...

This was my first rally and I had a great time. I met a lot of nice poeple from the registration line all the way to the rest areas on the way home Sunday. :wave
Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers :clap who worked so hard to make this a great time for everyone.
My only problem is I'm going to need a few extra vacation days to get to Wisconsin.....and a better seat, a bigger tent,......

:bikes

:thumb

Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Right now, the 07 rally team is hard at work getting a similar party put together in Wisconsin!

Rocks

"Ambassador's tent."

I never even saw that!!

My first time as well, myself and SO had a great time... totally blown away by the shear numbers when gazing out over the parking lot. As we are from Harley country this was a treat.
Greatly enjoyed the building with the classic bikes inside spent a couple of hours in there!! Oh and the beer tent and dollar beers was a surprise as well!!!

One of the green tickets was the "Pin & Patch" ticket that we turned in by the the country store to get a green mug, patch, pin, and piece of maple candy.

I was never told about any first timer goodies...

Just a suggestion for the next rally...

want to share your experience?

For all you first-timers, if you're interested in writing up your experience and impressions for the ON, please e-mail them to me and we'll do our best to include some responses in the October issue (the rally issue).

Write about 500 words (give or take) and tell me about your first impressions of a BMW International rally!

mandy@bmwmoa.org
:wave

KBasa said:
:thumb

Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Right now, the 07 rally team is hard at work getting a similar party put together in Wisconsin!

I'm probably going to miss that rally (unless the sun, the moon and the stars and who knows what else line up :( ) but I had a really good time at my first one.

Thanks all. :thumb

- Ross

...glad all you folks enjoyed it and hope you had a good time visiting Vermont. One real good point is that the Expo has it's own staff, so they take care of the buildings, cleaning,etc. I think a few of us missed the 1st timer thingy, I worked registration and didn't know about it...

The Cyber Cafe

The Cyber Cafe was an awesome addition. Never had to wait more than a few minutes to get on line. Wisconsin would do well to consider repeating this addition. :thumb

This year PDA's like the Palm TX had trouble getting in. This might be rectified in 2007. Checked with the "DATA" man and there was a some glitch with maintaining an open home page.

Every rally sits on the shoulders of giants. The view and the experiences can only get better. :dance

Back