• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Photos from National?

St. Alban's

One of my favorite incidents during the War of Northern Aggression.

Attachments

• Raid.jpg
    Raid.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 327
Willow Pond Inn

We don't do the camping thing any more, and VT is full of B&Bs. We stayed atone in Shelburne.

Attachments

• willowpond1.JPG
    willowpond1.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 318
Gaardens at Willow Pond

The B&B is run by a nice older couple. Lovely gardens.

Attachments

• willowpond3.JPG
    willowpond3.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 313
Far from normal

I think that was the name of this sidecar rig.

Attachments

• farfromnormal.JPG
    farfromnormal.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 312
Insanely great paint job

Someone already posted a pic of this bike. Here's a detail shot. I'm pretty sure this bike did not go on the GS ride.....

Attachments

• paintjob2.JPG
    paintjob2.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 310
Shelburne Museum

Fabulous museum, that we were able only to skim through on Saturday afternoon. Here's the round barn and entrance to the museum.

Attachments

• round-barn.JPG
    round-barn.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 308
World's best carousel animal?

Besides the sawmill, full-sized steamboat, jail constructed of slate, quilt and sampler exhibit, Tasha Tudor exhibit, tavern, weathervane exhibit, Georgia O'Keefe exhibit, and much more, they had the world's longest model circus parade, and a slew of carousel animals. This goat rocks.

Attachments

• Goat.jpg
    Goat.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 307
BWS, if you want to see some REALLY cool carousel animals wait 'till next year's rally. West Bend looks on my map to be about 100 miles from Spring Green, where you can visit The House On The Rock- which has, among many other things on display, the world's largest carousel and a few smaller ones too. One interesting thing to note is that the largest one has many animals on it but not a single horse-head, not even on the horses!

World's largest:
image053.jpg

No horse-head here, but talk about efficiency in battle!
image054.jpg

Buddha seen in the smaller Doll Carousel:
image060.jpg

The House On The Rock is very much worth seeing, especially if you have an appreciation for strange whimsical flights of the imagination- but wear good walking shoes and allow most of a day to see it.

photos

Here a photo I took at Smugglers Notch...

Attachments

• notch01a.jpg
    notch01a.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 294
more from the notch

more from the notch

Attachments

• notch02a.jpg
    notch02a.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 457
Rt 17

here's one from Rt. 17