• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Larger handgrips??

Y

Yeti

Does anyone knwo of a good source for larger handgrips? The grips on my R1100RT are too small and cramp my hands.

Thanks,

azwoodman58 said:
If you have heated grips then both bars are throttle diameter size.
Ah. No heated grips needed here in San Diego. Now cool grips . . .

got and installed my grip puppies last night
wow what a difference, well worth the $7
:dance

You might seriously consider the Hunter Flat Bars--oval shaped bar ends that replace your current bar ends, throttle, and grips. Both heated and unheated are available.

I have not tried these myself, but Brian Halton (owner/editor City Bike magazine) swears by them.

info hunterflatbars.com or 415 786-6312

pmdave

Last edited:
Size for R1150RT

What size of grip puppies do I need for a R1150RT with heated grips

Thanks

Tom

I've got probably 10k miles on a pair of Sunlines. They've ben comfortable for me - the stock grips were not. I also felt they were too narrow.

Back