• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Doh! No rooms!

C

Chris Z.

Anyone know where a guy can make a last minute hotel reservation for the 20th and 21st?

I'm having a tough time finding a room.

Thanks,
Chris

Maybe.......

there are many places too numerous to list ...

what have you tried? what type of lodging desired? How close to Burlington do you need to be?

This weekend marks the beginning of Vacations/plant shut-downs for the Canadians and the exchange rate is the best it has been in years...ftodays south bound traffic into the US was heavy..2 1/2 hour delay at the 15/87 crossing in Champlain and 1 delay at the two crossings to the east at 11am.

Try Super 8 in Plattsburgh, NY

Try the Super 8 in Plattsburgh, NY. It is across the lake by ferry and about 30 miles one way. Ferry cost is 9.00 round trip.

I managed to get a room at the Days Inn. I became very discouraged after the first 10 places I rang were all booked up.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Call here for rooms!

Hey everybody -- I just cancelled rooms these three places:

Motel 6 in Colchester - 3 miles from rally site
802-654-6860

Marriott Williston Town Place Suites - 4 miles from rally site
This is an apartment suite w/kitchen and living room, still not bad price
802-872-5900

Fairfield Inn in Colchester - 3 miles from rally site
802-655-1400

More places seem to be opening up in the last couple of days when people are cancelling and firming up plans.

Good luck!
Diane

Check lodging.......Lake Champlain Islands...

Lake Champlain Chamber of Com. Hazy, HOT, Humid..............

The lakeshore is cooler.......sunrise over the lake, moonrise (well a part of it anyway) imagine what this place was like 200 years ago, N.Hero + isle La Motte have some nice joints...............

Try the Hawthorn Suites Hotel. Only 5miles from rally. Free breakfast plus the rooms have kitchenettes. Plus it has an indoor pool and jacuzzi.
Phone: (866)337-1616. I know of a friend that just cancelled her room.

Diane

We had to cancel a double room at the Ho Hum motel just this morning. Call tollfree 1-800-228-7031.
Sarah

I had to cancel because I got a better discounted rate as a result of our local club's negotiations, so I changed my lodging.

If anyone's stuck without a room, I can offer a 1 BDRM apartment in rural spot, mountain views and swimming hole nearby. We're an hour east of rally site, north of Montpelier. Asking $45/nite, includes shop/garage usage.

rides r100 said:
If anyone's stuck without a room, I can offer a 1 BDRM apartment in rural spot, mountain views and swimming hole nearby. Kitchenette in brand new apartment. We're an hour east of rally site, north of Montpelier. Asking $45/nite, includes shop/garage usage.

oops, that note launched prematurely, call Chris or Pat 802.223.7665, or email chrisowenvt@yahoo.com. Enjoy the rally!

If there is a 'non-snorer' who is stuck without a room, my friend decided not to come last minute so I have a room to share.
It is in a hotel at Burligton, a room with two queen beds at $100 (%50 will be your share) a night for the 21st and 22nd. Call Isaac at 617-283-3759

rooms available in Rutland

There are plenty of rooms available in Rutland. It's a great ride up and down Route 7 (I might also recommend Route 116, which goes down as far as Middlebury, then joins 7). Ride time is about 1:20.

I stayed in Stowe, and glad I did. The Stowe Motel. It was walking distance to 3 restaruants / bars. Clean and only $90 a night. Plus it was right on Route 108. So in the morning I would shoot through Smuggler's Notch to the rally.

Back