• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pathblazer on R1150RT

N

Niko

:confused:
I am looking for the best place to mount a Kisan Pathblazer on an R1150RT hi-beam. Originally I was going to connect it directly to the bulb as this requires to wire splicing and its hidden, however, I am worried about water getting into the light assembly. The back cover will not seat properly as the wires will be coming out though its seal. I probably need to splice the wire someplace. Any info from anyone who has installed one of these is greatly appreciated.

Hi Niko,

The way to install one of these modulators is to trace the wiring harness to your headlights and 'open ' it up to expose the wires :eek
Once you have established the right color wire to the high beam you can tap into this as per instructions.
This means a little work but the connections can be made outside the headlight assembly which is what I did with my SDC Diamond Star modulator. Mine works on high and low beam and had to cut a few more wires :help
The best thing to do to get the connections waterproof is to go to a marine specialty store and get the CRIMP connectors that you have to HEAT up also as they will glue the connection tight and waterproof!!
The modulator can than be mounted anywhere out of the way. Don't forget to use some electrical tape around you splice to 'seal' the harness back up. BMW used a cloth type tape but regular tape is good too.

I hope this helped!:wave

Thanks for the info. I was trying to avoid having to cut the wires but I did it this past weekend. I traced the wire to the front right hand side of the bike. Its a white colored wire. It worked very well.

Thanks for the reply.

Good riding

Niko

Back