• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Machine in the Garden

rob nye

Ritalin Poster Boy
Greetings,

Yesterday was a fantastic day in New England with perfect weather for the Yankee Beemer sponsored Machine in the Garden at the Boston Architectural Center. Located in downtown Boston on Newbury Street, the BAC has a wonderful space on the corner which is all glass and very visible to the public. This event sets in motion a celebration of technics, aesthetics, perception at speed, and 80 years of designing and manufacturing BMW motorcycles specialized for long-distance travel. The party continues with the YB's European Motorcycle Day to benefit the Larz Anderson Museum of Transportation on October 12.

I decided that this would be a perfect day to take the old bike, a 79 R100RS.

946028-S.jpg

I left the office in Bristol and headed up to Natick to hook up with a couple of Sled Dogs, the Sheepshagger and Gary VV. We made our way against the grain to downtown Boston. Doug Mo had a spot for me next to his GS Adventure.

946029-S.jpg

Aside from the primo parking I got to oogle DougÔÇÖs Adventure. I have one waiting for me at Max BMW, in fact we did some paperwork at the show so I can register the bike this week. Just a little excited, yes we are. :bliss

The show was mobbed so it was difficult to get pictures of the bikes. I can tell you that the R80GS by Phactory Phil Rose, Big Red and the R90S by Doug Morrison and the R27 by Dave Percival were absolutely stunning (as always) as were all the selected bikes. YB President and curator, Jeff Stein gave a little talk.

946031-S.jpg

Along with a picture of Jeff from the street:

946032-S.jpg

After Jeff's talk I hooked up with Grace from Max BMW, exchanged some paperwork on the new bike and blasted on home.

What an evening. If you are in the Boston area I highly recommend a trip down Newbury Street to check out this wonderful display. A great weekend would be to come to Boston for Columbus Day weekend, see downtown Boston on Saturday and attend LARZ X on Sunday. We feature over 200 of the finest European motorcycles on display as well as demo rides from BMW and Moto Guzzi along with numerous vendors.

For more see: http://www.yankeebeemers.org/garden1.htm

Best,

Rob Nye

Here are a few pics I took last night. sorry they aren't all linked but I haven't figured how to do that yet.
a 1923 r 32

Attachments

• 1923r32pic.jpg
    1923r32pic.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 255
here is the Gs Sisters a nice F 650GS and Phactory r80GS

Attachments

• gssisters.jpg
    gssisters.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 233
That is a few pics from the Machine in the Garden.

It is an excellent exhibit and it is very cool parking on the sidewalk and street in downtown Bean Town.

the pictures don't do it justice, go check it out yourself !

Good riding

Craig Cleasby
South Windsor, CT

Yo Colt,
Excellent photos,
especially the pacific blue on the street,
mine is two beyond yours....
karl

Back