Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Tire Balance Beads

I think many posters did not respond because we do not know what the answer is. I re-read the linked site and my conclusion is they would say their beads will not abrade the inside of the tire. They may make a secondary claim about clumping. Conceptually I donÔÇÖt see why they would not work.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Nobody answered Flash412

So why won't just using BB's work? Seems it would be a whole lot cheaper, we could buy a tube of them and share at the next rally.

DISCLAIMER - I don't work for no BB companies.
    From what I recall of my old bb gun days, BBs are bigger than these ceramic beads. Lots bigger. They gotta go into the tire through that valve thingy and I don't guess BBs would make the trip.
    Do I win the prize????
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy777
    From what I recall of my old bb gun days, BBs are bigger than these ceramic beads. Lots bigger. They gotta go into the tire through that valve thingy and I don't guess BBs would make the trip.
    Do I win the prize????
    I won't fit in the tire you big silly
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    I won't fit in the tire you big silly
    Where is a moderator when you need one? We gonna let language like this remain up here? I have never been called "you big silly" or anything like that on any decent forum. Man. Shoot. Dang.
    www.yearroundriders.com

USERNAME
    i'm not the official moderator of this forum, but i think i speak for the group when i say, "brad, you should not call people big. especially silly people."

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy777
    Where is a moderator when you need one? We gonna let language like this remain up here? I have never been called "you big silly" or anything like that on any decent forum. Man. Shoot. Dang.
    Cliffy put your glasses on and read your avatar, you disproportionately challenged person defined as either: 1. Lacking good sense; foolish. 2. Frivolous. 3. Dazed.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Thumbs down Innovative Ballance Beads,NO customer service????

I am very displeased w/ the costomer service from Innovative Balancing. I placed an order the Saturday before the Vermont rally and specified that the order needed to be in no later than Tuesday (two day shipping Monday and Tuesday) the order was placed on line as no one answered the phone on Friday.
    The order arrived on Wendesday, which was too late (I had already left for Vermont and the tire had to be balanced for the trip).
    So I tried to call the company upon return from the rally and no responce only email for the RA#. I explained that since I was charged for a service that wasn't delivered I expected a full refund (shipping ). Carol ignored my request and only sent the product refund.
    While it may be a good product the customer service is lacking. I called my credit card to dispute the charge and was credited the amount. Bad thing is that the credit card company reimbursed me and Innovative balance didn't
    Richard
    2004 R1150RS
    1984 R80 G/S
    2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I think they are a very small company trying to become bigger(?). I had a hard time getting my order to go through via the internet. The screen read "Order processing, please wait." for a good half hour so I shut the computer down and made several calls the next day, but it finally worked. I was able to speak to a human.
    www.yearroundriders.com

Any new information

It has been 6 months and some of you have been using this product. Anything new to report?
    I am due for some new rubber and I am wondering about this product.
    USN Retired
    '02 R1150 RT

Quote Originally Posted by ltljohn View Post
    It has been 6 months and some of you have been using this product. Anything new to report?
    I am due for some new rubber and I am wondering about this product.
    Still using them. Now on my second set of tires with them I am turning in a product review for the Owners News - July issue I think.
    www.yearroundriders.com