• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tire Balance Beads

Hey Azwoodman - sorry for the poor reception. Your inclusion of the email from the guy at the bead place was kind of confusing (but I figgered it out).

Here is an idea - why don't some of you folks with wheel weights on your wheels order some beads and try them out for yourself. Replace the weights with the beads - it only takes about 20 minutes and I left my wheels on the bike. A couple of people have stated they would like more evaluations and there is only one way for that to happen!
I don't work for the bead people either. I just saw this post, tried the things and like them. Guess maybe I could have made some accusations and sent the guy some PM's. Gee- why didn't I take that route???

I'm about to have to replace my tires so I am tempted to try the beads. Because I'm broke, I may also be mounting the tires myself. This means I need some technical input: I've seen my former tire-guy (he just got out of business) really wrestling with my rear tire, using an unmotorised tire machine. Sometimes he needed three hands to get it done. Am I nuts for thinking I might be able to do this without such a machine? BTW this is a tubeless tire and a cross-spoke wheel.

Dynabeads work

I purchased the beads as a result of reading this thread. Have installed them in tube tires and tubeless tires on multiple bikes. they work as advertised!

A few more post on here about the beads working and I might be inclined to say "I Told You So"
I'm just glad after all the B.S. that has transpired on this thread that a few of you decided to try them and found they really do work!

Nobody answered Flash412

So why won't just using BB's work? Seems it would be a whole lot cheaper, we could buy a tube of them and share at the next rally. :heart

DISCLAIMER - I don't work for no BB companies. :D

I think many posters did not respond because we do not know what the answer is. I re-read the linked site and my conclusion is they would say their beads will not abrade the inside of the tire. They may make a secondary claim about clumping. Conceptually I donÔÇÖt see why they would not work.

Rich said:
Nobody answered Flash412

So why won't just using BB's work? Seems it would be a whole lot cheaper, we could buy a tube of them and share at the next rally. :heart

DISCLAIMER - I don't work for no BB companies. :D

From what I recall of my old bb gun days, BBs are bigger than these ceramic beads. Lots bigger. They gotta go into the tire through that valve thingy and I don't guess BBs would make the trip.
Do I win the prize????

Cliffy777 said:
From what I recall of my old bb gun days, BBs are bigger than these ceramic beads. Lots bigger. They gotta go into the tire through that valve thingy and I don't guess BBs would make the trip.
Do I win the prize????
I won't fit in the tire you big silly :)

BradfordBenn said:
I won't fit in the tire you big silly :)

Where is a moderator when you need one? We gonna let language like this remain up here? I have never been called "you big silly" or anything like that on any decent forum. Man. Shoot. Dang.

i'm not the official moderator of this forum, but i think i speak for the group when i say, "brad, you should not call people big. especially silly people."

:nono

:D

Cliffy777 said:
Where is a moderator when you need one? We gonna let language like this remain up here? I have never been called "you big silly" or anything like that on any decent forum. Man. Shoot. Dang.
Cliffy put your glasses on and read your avatar, you disproportionately challenged person defined as either: 1. Lacking good sense; foolish. 2. Frivolous. 3. Dazed.
:stick :wave

Innovative Ballance Beads,NO customer service????

I am very displeased w/ the costomer service from Innovative Balancing. I placed an order the Saturday before the Vermont rally and specified that the order needed to be in no later than Tuesday (two day shipping Monday and Tuesday) the order was placed on line as no one answered the phone on Friday.
The order arrived on Wendesday, which was too late (I had already left for Vermont and the tire had to be balanced for the trip).
So I tried to call the company upon return from the rally and no responce only email for the RA#. I explained that since I was charged for a service that wasn't delivered I expected a full refund (shipping ). Carol ignored my request and only sent the product refund.
While it may be a good product the customer service is lacking. I called my credit card to dispute the charge and was credited the amount. Bad thing is that the credit card company reimbursed me and Innovative balance didn't

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I think they are a very small company trying to become bigger(?). I had a hard time getting my order to go through via the internet. The screen read "Order processing, please wait." for a good half hour so I shut the computer down and made several calls the next day, but it finally worked. I was able to speak to a human.

Any new information

It has been 6 months and some of you have been using this product. Anything new to report?:wave
I am due for some new rubber and I am wondering about this product.

It has been 6 months and some of you have been using this product. Anything new to report?:wave
I am due for some new rubber and I am wondering about this product.

Still using them. Now on my second set of tires with them I am turning in a product review for the Owners News - July issue I think.

Back