• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tire Balance Beads

Balance Beads

I have spoken several times via e-mail with the editor of MCN and today he e-mailed telling me they were going to check into the Dyna Beads ASAP.

Len,
Thank you for the detail, I wasn't aware of the Dyna Beads product. We will certainly check it out right away.
Best,
Dave, MCN

azwoodman58 said:
I have spoken several times via e-mail with the editor of MCN and today he e-mailed telling me they were going to check into the Dyna Beads ASAP.

Len,
Thank you for the detail, I wasn't aware of the Dyna Beads product. We will certainly check it out right away.
Best,
Dave, MCN
:thumb Way to go LEN!

Balance Beads

Hi Lenny,
Thank you for your kind words. We are extremely pleased with the
phenomenal feedback we have been receiving from motorcyclists all over
the US and Canada. We are getting quite a few MC dealers signing on as
well.
It's been interesting also. I used to receive, and observe, comments
regarding this as something akin to "snake oil". But the physics
principles involved with Dyna Beads' use in motorcycles is actually a
better application than the originally intended target of large
commercial trucks. (our primary product)
I have no doubt that once other motorcyclists see how well this works, spoke weights and rim weights will become a thing of the past. And not
to mention the increase in tire mileage the user will gain, which will
be roughly 30% - 50%.

BTW, I did speak with Dave Searl tonight, the Editor.

Thank you again for your support,
Robert

Dave Searl is the MCN Editor

Cute Idea...

I'd think the physics would be similar to the latex goo "Slime" as a balancer. An upside to Slime is as a small puncture sealer, if you have enough in to coat the whole insides. A downside is the mess when you take tires off.

I've been using it for 4+ years: can't tell if it helped, know it didn't hurt. YMMV <<<)))

P.S. if 2 oz of beads offset 8+ oz of weights, I'd count the cards in the deck...

CustomSarge said:
I'd think the physics would be similar to the latex
P.S. if 2 oz of beads offset 8+ oz of weights, I'd count the cards in the deck...

Clarification:
My post is somewhat confusing. I had 8 weights of .25 oz each for a total of 2 ounces NOT 8 ounces of weights.

Cliffy we always thought you where a little off balance, but knew you couldn't that far out of balance.:stick

I Call B.s. !!

In post #1 and #2 azwodman58 says I tried this great product and I'm not a scammer and "I'm just a fellow rider" who found this great product and I was persecuted on another site and I'm not a vendor trying to sell something. Now in post #24 azwoodman58 says WE are happy with the feedback WE have been getting and WE are signing up a lot of motorcycle dealers and WE have talked with MCN. If azwoodman58 is "just a fellow rider" why is he taking with Dave Searl about a product review?????? Why isn't Dave talking to the company????? Sounds like azwoodman58 got just what he wanted from us, a way to use us to advance his product. :nono :nono By the way the public profile says "business manager"

Seems to me this should be moved to VENDORS

Posting PMs is in even poorer taste than the comments you got.

And the LT site is not our "sister" site.

So, AZwoodman, do you work for the beads folks or no?

I apologize

I am sorry to anyone involved in this and anyone reading this. As I have never been personally attacked in private messages I was unaware that it was inappropriate to share those messages with others here. Again I apologize.

I have removed the PMs

Last edited:
Balance Beads

With my hand on the Bible, NO I DO NOT!!
As for being attacked how about the way I have been since I posted about some minor little thing like balance beads that I thought other riders could benefit from. Try them or don't I could care less but why keep attacking me?
I'm sorry if this concept of balance beads has overwhelmed any of you! But it really is no big deal to me if anyone uses this product or not. In fact I would rather this post be eliminated all together!!!!!! I am sure glad all the riders I have made friends with over the years are nothing like the few on here that have made my new experience here an absolute nightmare! I am embarrased to have spent any amount of money to join this group! I know there are many decent members here like the few that PM'd me. Never the less I can't imagine myself ever wanting to contribute my experience and knowledge to this group ever again. Now I know why so many motorcycle riders think of beemer riders as being full of themselves!!

azwoodman58 said:
With my hand on the Bible, NO I DO NOT!!

Well, I think the confusion comes from some of the things you've posted. They sound like someone that worked for the beads guys.

Thanks for clearing that up.

azwoodman58 said:
Thank you for your kind words. We are extremely pleased with the phenomenal feedback we have been receiving from motorcyclists all over the US and Canada. We are getting quite a few MC dealers signing on as well.

AZWoodman58, color me confused. I'm not attacking, but seeking more clarification.

You explicity deny "working for" the company that produces these balancing beads, but the above quoted paragraph from your own post definitely implies a business relationship. The last sentence is a sales progress report; how/why would that be so if you aren't involved in business way?

You stated you don't work for them. Are you involved in any other business relationship at any level with the manufacturer, inventor, distributor, dealer or other business-involved person or company?

I'm with Brad- I missed a few days due to login problems and I'm doing a ?HUH?

But I still wanna hear a consensus on how well these things work.

StevieWonder said:
AZWoodman58, color me confused. I'm not attacking, but seeking more clarification...

Post #24 looks to me like the content of an email sent to azwoodman58 (whom I assume is named Lenny) from someone at MCN named Robert.

It took a few readings to figure that out, though.

Crow, you're right. After you said that I reread it and it does look like it came to AZWoodman58 rather than from him.

That makes everything a LOT clearer. Apologies to the Woodman !!!

Balance Beads

I was going to explain that but to be honest with you all I'm done trying to defend myself to people who don't have anything better to do than whine like children about something so trivial! You would think someone was trying to sell ocean front property in Phoenix on here by some of the reactions!
For the record I am in the Hardwood Flooring Buisness here in Phoenix and have been for just over thirty years.

Back