• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New R1150RS

MAGWA

I traded in the K1200GT for an R1150RS that won't appear for another ten days or so.

I rode an R1100RS for four or five years and didn't get the K-Bike.

I wouldn't buy a new oilhead until someone figured out the surging problem. Seems that has been accomplished in the aftermarket and now by the factory (interesting timing).

The bike is Titan Silver and has an ugly rear rack, Good things: The brakes like the GT and a new tranny. The trans in the 94 was fine, but noisy.

Anybody have an 04 or information about removing the rear rack?

Any other foibels? Other than spending over $15Gs for a bike?

I really took it in the end after losing more than a couple of grand on the GT in 2000 miles. Oh, well.

Last edited:
Okay...let's hear it, magwa. It wasn't long ago that you were boasting about your new Kbike. Now you're back to an RRS?

What's the scoop, bud?

No choice

Damn!!! I was *boasting*?????

I remember that I said I hoped that I'd fall in love with that big lug.

I didn't.

Here's a bike to fall in love with:

Attachments

• base_titan_silver_metallic.jpg
    base_titan_silver_metallic.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 397
The RS

I would like to fit the 04 with RSL lowers. Anybody have a set and brackets for sale???? Any tips in finding some?

Attachments

• aminated_mouse2.gif
    aminated_mouse2.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 396
RSL Lowers

While not the same thing check out Wudo chin fairing. There are pics posted elsewhere on the forum. It looks very cool with the 3/4 fairing, kinda like the Boxer Cup Replica. And it probably won't burst into flames.

MarkF

Here's a picture of the Wudo BellyPan installed..

attachment.php

I just got a pair of RSL fairings, still trying to figure out how to installed them. I will post pictures of the RSL fairings when I get around to install them.

Re: RSL Lowers

oilhed said:
While not the same thing check out Wudo chin fairing. There are pics posted elsewhere on the forum. It looks very cool with the 3/4 fairing, kinda like the Boxer Cup Replica. And it probably won't burst into flames.

MarkF
But neither will the RSL if the owner has anything resembling a clue...

(not counting the occasional reported fuel leak on the new bikes - and at least one that burst into flames because of it)

Re: No choice

magwa said:
Damn!!! I was *boasting*?????

I remember that I said I hoped that I'd fall in love with that big lug.

I didn't.

You know how much I hate to pick nits, butt...

magwa on 4/28/03 said:
Finally had the opportunity to ride the new GT this weekend.

I'm in love.

:brow

Love?

As you know, Senor Feesh, love's a fickle thing. And those that say they're in love often lie.

Alas, I am guilty as charged.

Attachments

• pic12374.jpg
    pic12374.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 371
Magwa, you are a fickle, fickle man.

Good thing you keep the wife and change the bike...:D

Welcome back to the bright side...

Re: Love?

magwa said:
Alas, I am guilty as charged.

:D

The first new two-spark oilhead I rode was the new 1150RS. Sweet machine, but my body didn't dig the ergos. I'm sure they are familiar to you, with much improved wheels, brakes, engine and tranny. Too bad they haven't updated the lighting, but I guess you can't have everything.

That Techlusion box thingy has certainly helped my outlook on the oilheads. How are you feeling Magwa? Hope no lingering effects from the surgery.

Rumor has it that during recovery he rode a R1150RS, and was smitten.

Maybe the drugs didn't wear off?:dunno

Right you mate, Tina.

While you were lingering over papers, I was following Jeff up the Feather River Canyon in a door-slammer.

Against the rules of nature. However, "Guitar" Mann pulled over and suggested that a ride on his R-RS would be "just what the doctor ordered".

Right he was. And right you were about "smitten".
Dog Help Me!!!

Here's the bike on another run down by Big Sur:

Attachments

• 1.jpeg.jpg
    1.jpeg.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 304
Oops!

Two mistakes in that last post. Naturally, I don't know how "right you mate". That was supposed to be right you *are*. Not Freudian....just lousy typing. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Second mistake: Pictrure size. Sorry.

WHY?

Why are there no decent phptos of the USA 2004 R1150RS on-line. Even the BMW press photos are of a 2003 or Euro 2004. All the other models have tons of photos. Both press photos and excellent personal photos. A nice, crisp blue USA 2004 R1150RS against a neutral background 800x600 or so would be great wallpaper. Even Triumph knows the value of putting out good hi-res photos of their entire line-up.

MarkF

Try This

2004 in Titan Silver...That's the one that is supposed to be delivered today....Whoopee. Wish it had lowers!!!

****...even tho I renamed it, The Forum program won't let me post it since it has already been posted in the Forum

Tech Forums>Oilheads>New R1150RS ...guess its a previous page.

Back