• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Can I bring a car as well?

KUTCHER

To try and convince my "better half" to go or even stay a night or two...I'm thinking that instead of the tent, -have her bring the wagon and throw the bags and stuff in the back...Probably not the most comfortable, but just may work!

Is there anything that says I can't have the bike and a car in the campsite area?

Thanks!

-Kutch

Kutcher said:
To try and convince my "better half" to go or even stay a night or two...I'm thinking that instead of the tent, -have her bring the wagon and throw the bags and stuff in the back...Probably not the most comfortable, but just may work!

Is there anything that says I can't have the bike and a car in the campsite area?

Thanks!

-Kutch

No cars on the rally grounds, Kutch. It's a motorcycle only area.

There'll be parking for cars, but they're not allowed inside the gates. Once the RVs get in, they're parked.

bring car

And Alberta's provincial bird.

And don't forget they're boxers,und schnell boxers.

Rinty

Last edited:
Cars, RV's and such

Cars, Campers, RV's have their own little space. The main Campgrounds are for two-wheels only as far as I know, except if you deliver the goodies.
:drink
I have the same problem with my SO, but to top it off she doesn't like to camp period. She doesn't want to come along on my world tour in three years either. So... this is my alone time.
:dance

No early morning coffee????

Perhaps I missed the "no movement from the RV area" in an earlier discussion. The plan is (was) to sleep in my Honda Element, so I reserved a "no utilities" space for three nights @ $60. Do I now understand that I can't go to Burlington or St. Mike's for it's highly praised food? I don't recall seeing that in any of the camping information. Did I miss it?

/Bob
1972 R75/5 :banghead

BobMorse said:
Perhaps I missed the "no movement from the RV area" in an earlier discussion. The plan is (was) to sleep in my Honda Element, so I reserved a "no utilities" space for three nights @ $60. Do I now understand that I can't go to Burlington or St. Mike's for it's highly praised food? I don't recall seeing that in any of the camping information. Did I miss it?

/Bob
1972 R75/5 :banghead

Relax Bob,

You have a couple of choices. There will be early morning coffee on the site from both the vendors and from the MOA. You can get to St Mike's or downtown Burlington by public transportation or Rally shuttle bus. Bus stop is right outside the CVE gate.

Friedle

Car

BradfordBenn said:
Also you might be able to ask a friend for a ride on the back....

Not really a good idea to give somebody who has been drinking a ride on the back of your bike for obvious reasons. A secondary reason, think about having somebody heaving all over the back of your jacket and down your back

:bottle :hungover

You'll only do that one time! :D

Friedle

Bus service runs from the Essex Junction to Burlington for 3 bucks round trip.

Back