• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1150RT Windshield

rich

I have an 04 R1150RT and want to replace the stock windshield with a higher one. I am only 5'10" but I find my eye level is at least 4 inches higher than the stock, and I am wondering what other riders are using, with satisfaction? I know that BMW sells a couple of optional windshields, and by the looks of it, many other suppliers offer them also. I don't mind looking over the windshield, that is actually fine with me, but I am having a problem with wind buffeting on the topside of my helmet, and I am looking for a quieter ride. Any feedback would be appreciated. Rich

windshield

There are several other shields out there. Aeroflow is one, I have used their products in the past and have been very satisfied. This spring I bought a Cee Bailey windshield for my new RT. It is a #2 shield, 4inch over with a Euro cut. I am 5'11" and find the shield works very well. I like to ride with the face shield up on my full face helmet. This W/s allows me to do so at any speed and just about any weather condition while allowing me to look over the top, that is where the euro cut comes in. During rains, moderate to heavy, raising the shield the whole way does a great job of keeping you and your S/O dry, however, the outer edges of my arms will get a little wet. Over all, I would recommend this shield to anyone, and the price isn't bad either.

Re: windshield

B52G said:
This spring I bought a Cee Bailey windshield for my new RT. It is a #2 shield, 4inch over with a Euro cut.

This W/s allows me to do so at any speed and just about any weather condition while allowing me to look over the top, that is where the euro cut comes in.

What is a euro cut?

MarkF

W/S

The euro cut is simply that the the w/s is not flat across the top, but is scooped out about an inch. Go to Cee Bailey web site.

I have a Cee Bailey 3" over regular, no Euro cut. Being 6'2" I am staying dry and have no wind in the face.:bliss
This and the motolights are the two best things I have added to my 04 RT:clap

Last edited:
I second the motion on Cee Bailey...steve (airtire) is a great guy to work with. I'm running the +6 #2 and it works quite well (i'm 6'0")

Thanks for the input, guys. I checked out Cee Baileys web site and I found it impressive. So I may have to give one a try. I notice with my stock shield, even if I crouch a couple of inches, it gets much quieter. And I can hear that beautiful twin engine humming along, which is a big plus. I also own a HD Low Rider, I always hear that engine, but it is for sale! You gotta love those Beemers... Thanks again.

I just received my new windsheild from CeeBailey, a #2 +4.5 euro cut and it works great! Ordered it last Thursday and it arrived today (4 days!)

I started this thread, I figured I'd let you know what I ended up with. When I decide I need (or gotta have) something, I get it done pretty quick. I ordered a Cee Bailey Euro cut #2 3.5" over with light tint on Monday morning, and it showed up Friday, not bad from CA to ND. I installed it this morning and took the bike for a nice little 160 mile jaunt, and I am extremely pleased with the end result. The buffeting is completey gone, and the quietness was noticed right away. I also like to ride with my visor up, and see over the windshield. I only have this new shield about halfway up, and it is working better than stock by far. Am I a happy camper? You bet I am, so if anyone else is looking for recommendations on a windshield, Cee Bailey can add me to their list of satisfied customers. Thanks again for the input, these forums are great when you are looking for advice or just want to express yourself. I am sure there are a number of decent windshields that are available, but at least I can quit looking! Oh yeah, if anyone needs a factory shield I have one available, just make a decent (cheap) offer and it is yours. Ride safe.

Hi Rich,
I am happy you like your windshield. Cee Bailey is a good company to deal as they offer quality and service :bliss
Well, enjoy your ride and be safe!:clap

Back