• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tires at the rally

B

BUBBAZANETTI

i just had a brainstorm,

i was looking online for a new set of pilot roads (or maybe Roadtecs, i'm considering a change) with the hopes of having them delivered then getting them to the dealer and installed in time for the national.

then i remembered

they do tires at the national!

anyone ever got tires at the MOA rally??? i guess i'm wondering if going this route is competetively priced (under or right around 300 dollars) for the aforementioned tires installed and balanced. i'd love the convenience, but don't want to pay crazy rates for it.

Rally tires

Gee, sell motorcycle tires at a national motorcycle rally. Good idea, why didn't the MOA think of that. :doh

Getting an early start on the weekend Bubba? :buds

Friedle

Tire nazi..........

My first job quite a few years ago was managing a hospital Laundry, two of my employees were older Italian women they (and several others in the hospital employ)had German tattoos, a number, tattooed on their arm.

Perhaps some folks don't quite understand the implications of "Nazi". Remembering the very few times the folks I met spoke of their experience, I wonder what's the deal with 'Tire Nazi' and the apparent pride of dealing with someone with that moniker.

Last edited:
Friedle said:
Gee, sell motorcycle tires at a national motorcycle rally. Good idea, why didn't the MOA think of that. :doh

Getting an early start on the weekend Bubba? :buds

Friedle

lol, it was more a cost issue to me than anything, i just ordered some diablo stradas (i've heard good things) should be on in time for the rally...........

raven said:
My first job quite a few years ago was managing a hospital Laundry, two of my employees were older Italian women they (and several others in the hospital employ)had German tattoos, a number, tattooed on their arm.

Perhaps some folks don't quite understand the implications of "Nazi". Remembering the very few times the folks I met spoke of their experience, I wonder what's the deal with 'Tire Nazi' and the apparent pride of dealing with someone with that moniker.

I for one,am proud to be a friend of Rob's( said Tire Nazi) he's an intelligent,interesting,keep ya laughin'kind of guy. Do yerself a favour and introduce yourself to him,tell him I say hi. :D

He might be smart and intelligent, but I still think the name is in poor taste and I will not do any business with him. Just as he has the right to have the name he chooses, I have the right to think less of him and to not do business with him.

I will defend to the death someone's right to be an idiot; but it doesn't mean I have to like them

Tire Crazy

Tire Nazi = Tire Crazy....everyone knows this. I can't believe you haven't heard that expression before....This man is trying to make a living. He is a motorcycle owner and rider, has been for years. He isn't a big corporation that could care less whether you bought your tires from him or not. Man this is how he puts gas in his tank.

I can't believe he is being maligned on this forum, maybe putting his business, at rallies, at risk because someone doesn't like the name of his business? Especially, by someone who has BMW MOA Foundation director after his name. I don't know what that means but it looks official to me. Someone might think that this belief is held by the BMW MOA?

I have heard of him and have been told he is fair and will give you a good deal on tires. Hope people won't decide they aren't gonna check him out because of his business name or because of what someone has said on here......damn

Huh?

BradfordBenn said:
He might be smart and intelligent, but I still think the name is in poor taste and I will not do any business with him. Just as he has the right to have the name he chooses, I have the right to think less of him and to not do business with him.

I will defend to the death someone's right to be an idiot; but it doesn't mean I have to like them

Brad,
Robert's company is Arizona Motorcycle Tire Company (AZMC). Others have referred to him as the "Tire Nazi" because of his obsessive, harsh, unrelenting and at times intolerant attitudes about TIRES. He is opionionated about many things especially MOTORCYCLES and TIRES. He actually prefers to be called Captain Blasto.
With respect to your willingness to defend idiocy with your life, whew, take a breath man.
I am .......stupified ........ :stick

Breeze

BradfordBenn said:

In defense of my friend Rob,he's forgotten more'bout motorcycles than you'll ever know Ben,and i'd pay money to be present,if you had the courage to engage him in conversation.It'd be a case of bringin'a knife to a gun fight.Rob's for real,anyone that knows him will agree.Amen

Friedle owes apology

If I'm not mistaken our friend bubbazanetti simply wanted to know if tires at the rally were available at fair market pricing. In reply he received a sarcastic response from a Rally co-chair. If the Rally chairs are not courteous and respectful what can we expect at the rally?

japyke said:
If I'm not mistaken our friend bubbazanetti simply wanted to know if tires at the rally were available at fair market pricing. In reply he received a sarcastic response from a Rally co-chair. If the Rally chairs are not courteous and respectful what can we expect at the rally?

no worries man, i know these guys, all in good fun!

hope to see all of you at the rally!!!

japyke said:

Welcome to the forum!

I must say I am impressed that someone would come out in defense of another member as their first post. :thumb
These guys all know each other and play a little ruff, at least by this forum's standards, at times but it is nothing more than that. When the real fights break out you will know.

Again welcome.

I've got tires at a number of the MOA rallies in the past. They have been good deals to me. See you all at the rally. Look for ToTo Lee on a golf cart.

Any truth to the rumor that the Metzler truck will be at Frank's and there will be a special on Z-6s. Buy the rear, get the front free.
I'll take two! :dance

Back