• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Vermont via Canada

ORCHARDRT

My wife and I are leaving Milwaukee area and we are taking the northern Lake Superior route, i.e. Duluth, Thunder Bay . Rather than hitting Sault Ste. Marie we are going to cross Ontario on Rt 101 fro Wawa to Timmins. I am guessing it is 5-6 hrs to cross.

I'm looking for previous knowledge of anyone taking this route. The web has very little on this route.

B & K
2-RT

Me too!

Crossing from California, through there myself. I went that way a couple years back(KLT), but through St.Marie, etc. I want to do the northerm route this time to Cochrane,etc. It looks like a longgggg ride across there, with little service in some parts. Better have a good gasoline supply. I ride with 9 gallon tank, which is helpfull. Sure looks pretty on the map,huh? I understand there is a train in Cochrane,Ont. that takes visitors to Hudson Bay to see the Polarbears! Yeah....I always wanted to do that. The north shore through Thunder Bay and beyond has multiple MOOSE warnings, so riding at night there is spooky. I know, I did some of it. The trucks up there have soooo many lights, they look like trains coming down the highway at ya. For the Moose? Yep....They're MEAN, to. The Moose, not the truckers. If you see one, give it a lot of room, if you're inclined to take pictures. They DO have attitudes(sometimes). Happy Trails,Randy13233 PS; I'm probably coming through that area the weekend before the rally. :thumb

Hearst.................no gas............................longlac

same thing going between Longlac and Hearst........plan your gas stops, for most of the rest of the route gas is available.

Northern Superior route

Check out the ferry from Manitolin Island. It saves a bunch of time and is a great place to get breakfast/lunch. We didn't have reservations and got front of line, they even have line to tie down you ride.

The trip around the North side is a very nice ride, at least it was on the way to Trenton in 01.

We were told to watch out for moose, but never saw any. Maybe we were lucky.

Joe/fyk100rs

canadian insurance

Get a canadian ID card from your insurance company. They don't honor regular state ID's. I understand the fine is stiff.
robert :type

Back