• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Camping or Inning

Who's camping and who's staying in a motel/inn/b&b?

• I'm camping and bringing my own gear

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • I'm camping and using sherpa services

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I'm staying at a motel, b&b or inn

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • I'm staying with locals (friends/relatives)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • undecided or not applicable

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
cjack said:
Hmmm. Last time I went to a National Rally in VT, the temp and the humidity were each 95. I quickly found a room across from the fairgrounds and a friend said I had the air turned up so far that you could hang meat in the room. The Green Mountains were obsecured by a heavy haze. Never saw them. Some friends found a road thru the country which crossed a creek and they went swimming. That same creek runs through Hurricane Mills, TN by the way.
But, this time will be different...

I sure hope so. I promised Paul great weather :wow

Voni
sMiling

Oznay said:
IF i was going,i'd be camping,it's the true spirit of rallying,IMHO :wave

There are some that like camping some that don't. I am of the ilk of I like camping for a couple of days but I am going to be there a week... so I decided a hotel was for me.

To me the spirit of rallying is to hang out and meet new friends and talk motorcycles. I do agree that camping does help with that, but the true fun doesn't happen when I am sleeping....

Camping Vs Hotel

I thought about hotel-ing, but didnt want to "beer hall" then ride to the hotel- I dont drink and ride. DP

I told my wife how potentially dirty she could get.. She won't be coming.. I'll be camping.

I camp at most rallies but I also experienced the intense weather at both W. VA and Lima. Add to that, the heat in Lima and I decided that a hotel is the way to go. I am staying at the Hampton (~4 mi away) and expect that I can get cab service if the beer garden beckons...

98024 said:
I camp at most rallies but I also experienced the intense weather at both W. VA and Lima. Add to that, the heat in Lima and I decided that a hotel is the way to go. I am staying at the Hampton (~4 mi away) and expect that I can get cab service if the beer garden beckons...
We have often called cabs when camping or in motels to go eat or get back and forth. It is much more convenient when with even a small group than having a swarm of motorcycles.

There are 8 taxi cab companies listed for Burlington and 2 for Essex Junction.

The area is also served by public bus transportation--$1.25 one way.
No late night service.

Back