Thread: Headlights

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar

Headlights

How long do you get out of a headlight? I have installed the second one this summer, (3rd counting the one that was on the bike). I have only 10k miles since may 1st, and dont recall ever going through headlights this fast ever. I am using just a regular 55/60 watt bulb I get from the dealer. No headlight modulator, and I usually run on low beam except at night to see.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

I usually get well over 20K miles on an H4 bulb. You might try a Philips Vision Plus or Osram Silver Star for increased light from standard wattage.
    Frank G.
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    2004 R1150RT

I'm on "only" my second bulb with 39K miles on the bike. The first bulb lasted somewhere around 24K miles if my failing memory serves me correctly.
    Bruce F
    '86 R65, '96 R1100RS, '04 K1200RS - SOLD
    '13 K1300S 30th Anniversary
    The most notable thing you can leave for posterity is your name...signed Anonymous

dlearl476
    Other than replacing one bulb on my used K bike (~15K,IIRC) I've never replaced a bulb on a bike yet. But then I usually find something I like better before they burn out. (I have 4 "spares" now).
    I'll second Frank's recomend on the Vision Plus's. Have a pair in my Triumph and love 'em. They're going on 15K now.