• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Motolights on a R1100/850R?

MarkF

I would like to hear from anyone with Motolights on a R1100R or R850R. I'm interested in how they perform, where you mounted them and any problems encountered.

MarkF

I have motolights on my R1150RT and have them mounted on the calipers. These lights are awesome and work as advertised. I am far more visible to other motorists than before:clap
I think the caliper mounts are nice as it puts the lights low and reduce glare to oncomming traffic.
If you bike has two disc brakes up-front this will work for you too.
There are other mounting options also ;like on the fork, next to the fender.:wow
Just go on there website and check it out.

I just installed moto lites on my 1150 GS. I can't believe that I ever drove at night without them. Those lights are the best single option I have on my bike and are worth every penny I spent on them. Before moto lites night riding was a little scary with the stock headlight.
BMW should really have these as standard equipment on all of their bikes just for the safety factor.

I have motolights on my 850, and they are awesome! They are mounted on the tubes just above the fender, and I now have better lights on my bike than I do on my cage. I would recommend them to anyone. check out the picture on the tell us about you and your bike.

Oh now, I have a windshield, Givi bags, and motolights. I have a small chatterbox to communicate with passengers, that isnt mounted on the bike, that also allows me to listen to music if I desire. I pretty much enjoy the roadster,and the windshield and motolights and givi bags are basics that help me to travel safer and longer. :D

Pics of motolights

Enclosed pics of motolights. I should have put it up sooner:snore
Oh well here it is,I guess too much:beer

Attachments

• bmwfrontview.jpg
    bmwfrontview.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:
Back