• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Increased border security

Last time we crossed into the U.S. from Canada, one of our group was fingerprinted and iris scanned or blood was taken (I can't remember which). He looks "Arabian".

The day they ask me for any of the above is the LAST day I will ever come to "the land of the free" (yeah right, this is freedom) and "the home of the brave". :rolleyes

I've been told the "new" border card for entry from Canada to the U.S. will require fingerprinting at a minimum before being issued. That'll pretty well do it for me. I better get my south of the border visiting in quick. I plan on keeping my freedom. :usa

Increased Need for Passport.........

Don't like iris scans, fingerprints...............................get a passport, now, before the requirements change.

Perhaps your thought process needs adjustment, many believe it a considerable privilage to have the ability to travel to and in a foreign
country. The United States is my home, and frankly, I don't care much if anyone is offened by my desire to know the person who comes into my home.

Todays back-up at borders were considerable, even at some of the remote crossings. I was not able to see the end of the southbound back-ups at Champlain(interstate 87), NYS Route 276, Rouses Point, Alburg, Alburg Springs and Highgate Springs (Interstate 89). With the Canadian Dollar rising in value I would expect the crossings to be busy all summer and especially so on the weekends.

Thought adjustment...

When the family watchdog has become completely unable to distinguish friend from foe as he/she/it attends at your house;and even turns on the dweller of the house with the same aggression,suspicion and hostility...time for a new watchdog.

The US is not your house.Any more than Canada is mine.Or Britain is somebody else's.Treating the ability to travel as a Privilege rather than as a right,is a darn sure way to ensure "You can't go there."If some are happy never to leave their own shores,fine;some think the world is a bit of a bigger place.We all need room for thought adjustment.

Anybody been to Cuba lately?

Back