• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Vintage owners on the Forum

I have a 1969 R69S. Owned it for a year. I've just had the bottom and top ends redone. Now the ball's in my court...all the pieces are staring at me and I need to get it back together and on the road.

Kurt in S.A.

1961 R60/2
1953 R51/3
1941 R12
1928 R52

I've put about 26k miles on these bikes.

Need I say more?

A 1965 Dover white R69S restored. It was original but stored in a shed without a roof (I guess that would be outside). A 10 ton press was needed to free the pistons. Once I got started on this rust bucket I couldn't quit but many dollars and a year's time had it looking and running like new. I've owned it about 15 years but don't ride it much - the R1150RT is just too comfortable!

just 2

1966 R60/2 Black w/22K and very original Cal Black Plate. Soon to be for sale!
1965 R1600/2 Butterfield conversion. 1600cc aircooled kickstart only BOXER!

00weel

Two vintage bikes

I have three vintage BMW's that are insured and registered and get out (in the summer) at least once a week.

1966 R69S
DSC_5070.jpg

<hr>

<hr>
1966 R60
DSC_4981.jpg

<hr>
<hr>
1967 sidecar rig. /2 frame with a 75/5 motor, Hollandia side-car
right2.jpg

<hr>
<hr>
this is my "other" vintage bike.
A 1977 Triumph, Silver Jubilee Bonneville, that I bought new.
sj.jpg

<hr>

Last edited:
If my eyes don't decieve me, that is a left foot shift Truimph, While it is not pre-1970 it is an interesting specimen just the same. The side-car rig is yummy.

Very Nice!

68 R50

My 68 R50 was pickled and put in storage 33 years ago. I'm going to break down the engine, clean the slingers, and check things out before firing it up. I don't want to risk causing any damage to the engine. Hopefully, this coming winter, I'll get to it.

Motard

Are you talking really vintage, or merely used?

If you want to see some really old bikes, I invite you to see the two new pages on my web site. (No, this isn't spam! ;-) ) They are from two vintage rallies I participated in, in May, while I was in Germany.

The first is the Keilriemenfahrt, or Belt Drive Rally. This is for any bike from 1924 or earlier, or up to 1928 if they're actually belt driven. I was able to borrow a 1913 Douglas 2 3/4 HP (that's the model name) for this 2 day rally held over the May Day weekend.

The second rally, the Richard Kuechen Gedaechtnisfahrt (Richard Kuechen Memorial Rally), was held the next weekend. This rally was for any bike up until 1939, and they had over 120 entrants.

Check them out, there are a lot of photos of bikes you just don't see over here! And while not every bike is a BMW, I think you'll have to agree that there are some interesting BMW-related bikes:

P4302498.JPG

I have a 1965 50. I need to go over it (I bought it in the fall) and get it on the road. It shouldn't *crosses fingers* take much to make it a rider. We shall see (and hope until then).

j.

Here is my unrestored '67, bought new by my brother and entrusted to me about ten years ago. It has 65K miles on the odometer and still runs like new. The picture is from Angeles Crest Highway about two years ago.

206274268_f3b9d3da17.jpg

jonmill said:
Here is my unrestored '67, bought new by my brother and entrusted to me about ten years ago. It has 65K miles on the odometer and still runs like new. The picture is from Angeles Crest Highway about two years ago.

beautiful . . .

:bikes

R69s

Recently completed R69S http://mjstone.smugmug.com/

Hella bar ends, mirror mounts, and exhaust are not original otherwise she is pretty close. I've original Hellas and exhaust, but they will saved for show times. The mirror mounts satisfy a mirror requirement while staying with the general theme.The bike will be shipped back to the motherland in August, an eager new owner is waiting.

Next on the lift, a R50/2. This bike will be brought back to nice original condition rather than a total rebuild. (will also be staying in my stable)

Motard

I love the one-up seat (Sorry, Tina) and the minimalist beauty.
That's a gorgeous piece, Mr. President, cherish it.

Back