• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RUN, don't walk to Five Spice Restaurant!!!

iRene

Stronger, Faster, Tougher
In nearby Burlington, my fave restuarant is up for sale! Don't miss a chance to eat there, it is not too late....

"The Burlington restaurant institution Five Spice Cafe (864-4045, 175 Church Street) is for sale, confirms Ginger Hobbs, co-owner with Jerry Weinberg since the pan-Asian eatery was created in 1985. "We're just ready to retire," says Hobbs. "You put in long, long hours and lots of energy to love it as much as we have." The Burlington dining scene has come a long way since Hobbs and Weinberg introduced dim sum and had to run an ad headlined, "What the hell is dim sum?" Over 20 years later with many more Asian restaurants in the area, Five Spice maintains a devoted following and still attracts newcomers who fall in love with its sesame-peanut and green curry sauces, as well as its Pad Thai. Hobbs feels that Five Spice is ready for some new energy and that it can continue to evolve. "There's room for bringing your own personality without destroying what's been built," she says."

Last edited:
Breakfast Close to the Rally Site

Another Burlington area landmark is Sneakers Restaurant in downtown Winooski (on Rt 15 between the site and downtown Burlington). Best breakfast around. However, its no secret, so plan on getting there early or you can wait for over an hour to get seated.

the Daily Planet owners are opening another place on Church St, too.
there are lots of good eats places to choose from
oh, and the Lincoln Inn at the junction has breakfast, but not on wkend. you can almost walk there from the rally.

send her a message irene, gaurantee 20,000 in revenue the week of the rally, i bet she'll stay open a few months longer :)

Don't forget Bove's Italian Restaurant (www.boves.com) on Pearl St. in Burlington.

My dad went to St Mike's ('64), and says the place hadn't changed at all when he went back for his 40th reunion - good Italian food at reasonable prices.

Coming from SF, where we know Asian cuisine pretty well, it better be REAL special.

Boxster said:
Don't forget Bove's Italian Restaurant (www.boves.com) on Pearl St. in Burlington.

My dad went to St Mike's ('64), and says the place hadn't changed at all when he went back for his 40th reunion - good Italian food at reasonable prices.

I was at BHS with Mark Bove, he and his brother sell the bottled sauce here in New England and it is carried by the local grocery chains or can be purchased online....

Bove's online store

Hi, I'm just refreshing this thread about Five Spice, as it is nearing rally time.

I'm overdue
for my dose of vindaloo

Back