• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

More Lodging Options

mike cousino

Hearing in another thread that most hotels were booked, I decided to look through the list of hotel/motels on the rally site. I noticed that some of the smaller ones were missing. So here are two very motorcycle friendly places. They are your traditional "park in front of your door" motels in a horseshoe shape. Appear to be very clean and only about four miles from the rally site. The Street Rodders stay at them during their annual show and you know how they care for their rods! I called and they don't have any bookings, yet!

Ho Hum Motel
1660 Williston Rd
S. Burlington, VT
802-863-4551

Ethan Allen Motel
1611 Williston Rd
So. Burlington, VT
802-863-4573

Oh, did I forget to mention that they are just down the street from Hooters?

mike

Just to add to Mike's information:

Ho Hum motel is owned by former/present Harley owner, nice people.

Ethan Allen Motel was used in the so so movie with Jim Carey, "Me Myself and Irene", rent the movie and preview the motel!

both of those are also close to Al's...the somewhat famous drive in..might be fun to have a 'bike' cruise nite during the rally...somethin different.

Al's French Frys

tuber1 said:
both of those are also close to Al's...the somewhat famous drive in..might be fun to have a 'bike' cruise nite during the rally...somethin different.

I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe Thursday night around dusk.
FWIW: Al's French Frys have been around for as long as I can remember. They'll probably have a booth at the rally. But, it's not as good as the real thing. Al's is kinda a retro place.... glass block walls and all that 60's stuff. It's a favorite hangout for street rodders too.

raven said:
Fantastic news for Vermonts revenue stream.

Suspecting that many Rally Attendees might be a parsimonious group when it comes to things other than thier bikes, gear and beer, it's not surprising that all the low dives and hot sheet 'notel's', and 'same as anytown Chains' might get sold out! Well don't lose sleep. Why not start posting which joints are full?

I would bet that places like Mary B's, the Topnotch, Shelburne Farms, Basin Harbor, Stowe Mountain Resort have available high quality (high tax revenue) accomodations waiting to be reserved by your credit card.

You are helping keep our tax burden from rising even faster......mindful of your fleecing..err contibutions yer locals up in the sticks will most likely be helpful in suggesting possible accomodations. :brow

Huh, translation please!

High Rooms Tax????

raven said:
If you need a room and can't find one in the lists offered on this site. I would guess some of the No. Vt. riders on this site would be willing to suggest alternatives.

Thanks for coming to Vermont and supporting our local economy. The high rooms/meals taxes you will pay help keep my taxes lower.

Raven, you need to get out more. The VT rooms and meals taxes are lower than almost every place I travel to. I have already posted a link to the chamber of commerce as well as a list of lodging located in Addison county. :wave

Al's "hijack"

mike cousino said:
I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe Thursday night around dusk.
FWIW: Al's French Frys have been around for as long as I can remember. They'll probably have a booth at the rally. But, it's not as good as the real thing. Al's is kinda a retro place.... glass block walls and all that 60's stuff. It's a favorite hangout for street rodders too.

You bet Al's booth at the CVE will be crankin out fries, burgers and dogs.
Maybe a ride to the South williston store would be another neat feature for the MOV to put together as part of the local hospitality function.

Thanks for all you Mooovers have done already.

Friedle

Back to Lodging

Riders must like the idea of a traditional motel. Heard the rooms are filling up.

Just down the road (easy walking distance) is a real diner too.
eathere.jpg

mike cousino said:
Hearing in another thread that most hotels were booked, I decided to look through the list of hotel/motels on the rally site. I noticed that some of the smaller ones were missing................
Thanks Mike. We just moved from Stowe to Ethan Allen.
driving_bike.gif
hearts.gif

Cabnfvr,

:wave you two, look me up there, that's where I'll be staying as well.

De

Got A Room!!!

I Got A Room At E.a's!!!
Thanks A Million For The Lead.
Fred...the Surfer From Fla.

Back