• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Leaving Montana on July 10th heading to New England

Stockmann

Anybody headed to New England ( Vermont) from the Montana Area?
Will be leaving July 10th or 11th heading East.

Chugger
BLU 02 RT

Yeah to Montana!

I'm coming from CA., via Montana, but not quite sure what dates as yet. My buddy on his RT1200 has a mother living in Billings and may ride out from Conn. to meet with me in that state somewhere. We will ride back to Vermont together, via Canada most likely. Canada to Montreal, etc and into Vermont from the north. When departure gets closer, I'll post my times for sure. Keep a look out! Randy 13233 Where in Montana are ya? I've been through Glacier NP only once before and want to go back.

Polarbear said:
I'm coming from CA., via Montana, but not quite sure what dates as yet. My buddy on his RT1200 has a mother living in Billings and may ride out from Conn. to meet with me in that state somewhere. We will ride back to Vermont together, via Canada most likely. Canada to Montreal, etc and into Vermont from the north. When departure gets closer, I'll post my times for sure. Keep a look out! Randy 13233 Where in Montana are ya? I've been through Glacier NP only once before and want to go back.

I'm having my bike shipped from CT to SF and riding up to Missoula where I'm attending a Wedding. From there I will be heading back to CT. Have you been on the roads in Canada? 20 year ago we went from ND to NY Via Canada. Not a pleasant Ride. As I remember - straight two lane Highways with lots of trucks. Things may have change since then.
Keep me Posted

Chugger

I'm in Missoula

Stockmann, I'm in Missoula and will be in touch with folks coming from the RA in Boise on the same schedule as yours. (I've still not decided if I'm going to Boise.)

Email me and I'll give you my real-world contact info so you can stay in touch, too.

Stockmann said:
Anybody headed to New England ( Vermont) from the Montana Area?
Will be leaving July 10th or 11th heading East.

Chugger
BLU 02 RT

I hope you enjoy the change of scenery in New England as much as I enjoyed Montana!

US Rte 2, while straight as a board in most places, was overall a good route to take and make time. There are enough passing lanes to get away from the trucks. You can go hours with no traffic at all. Bring good music! I was glad not to be on 90. I found the locals nice to deal with and always felt safe (important when travelling solo).

Yep.

I've ridden the same highways you both speak of on the way to Trenton Rally a few years back. I've never done the middle provinces of Canada, however. Manitoba,Saskatchawan! I like staying off interstates as well, if time permits. I remember Hwy 2 as a good ride and entered Canada at Lake Superior above Diluth,MN. Ontario seemed to go on forever and is indeed a big province. Moose were not seen frequently, but danger warnings everywhere for such critters up there. Big rigs at night have soooo many lights, they look like UFO's coming down the road at ya...Keep the Moose at bay, I guess. I know Moose can be aggressive at times also, from my experience with them in BC,Canada. Back to middle America travel; All travel through N.America gets to become dull after miles and miles of it. I find the smaller towns off the beaten path, on rural routes to break the dulldrums completely. People are so interested in your travels, along the back roads, where the interstates nobody seems to notice. N. Dakota and Kansas have been two of my favorites recently for travel acroos the plains and have very interesting sights if you're not in too big a hurry. Randy13233

Back